Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have now after 1700 miles found the one thing I don't like about my 1300C. As you can tell in my signature line picture I am a long legged freak and the bike doesn't have enough leg room to get comfy on the road. I have looked at moving the foward controls out farther fowad, but this looks really expensive at this point. My question for you guys is twop part.

1. What aftermarket seat moves the rider back to offer more legroom?

2. Which highwy bars give the most legroom, and are easy to use, well positioned, etc?

I thank you in adnvance for your suggestions.

George

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am the same way. I got Mapam forwards. This in it's self didn't do the trick. I know the Acutronics do move the feet a little more forward but not really enough to notice the $300 difference.
The other thing I am doing is having my tank stretched and my Corbin Youngs seat moded to work with the tank and really set me back further.
I am hoping this will really stretch me out but will have to wait for the tank and the seat to come back.
So if you really want to do it looks like you need to mod more than one thing.
Good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the same problem with leg room. But do NOT buy the mustang sport vintage seat if you want sat back more. I have adapted to the seat, which will sit you more up on the tank, but otherwise it is a very comfortable seat. I have kury highway peg mounts with the 2'' off set extensions and still my knees are bent a little. I need to look into some good forward controls maybe this winter.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Get the Kury Cruise pegs & the Ultimate Midrider Seat. This is as good as it gets on the C model........ :D Rod

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Tall

I am 6'4 have 37 inseam and ride 1300 Retro. I have Kury Longhorn extensions on my hwy pegs they give me 4" of stretch beyond the engine guards. For a guy it wasnt good to look like a was getting ready to have a Pap Smear done or getting ready to birth a baby. My girlfriend and the other guys used to always comment about the height of my knees when cruising.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts