Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing a set of uniq speakers on the bike this weekend. Does anyone know any tricks or anything that I can do during the install to help prevent the possible theft of the speakers. Just seems that it would be very easy for someone to remove them quickly, or is theft of speakers something that rarely occurs. Any advice would be welcomed.

G

·
Not sure speaker theft is a big issue, unless.....

How close are you to the Mexican border? :yikes:

I remember when I was down there in El Paso, some people would climb up high school football scoreboards and steal the light bulbs from inside the scoreboard! This was back in 1981! :lol:

But honestly, I'd worry about other things on the bike then the speakers!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reason for my concerns is because a work friend recent had his bike stolen, so it got me thinking. His situation is different, however he had a sport bike; a GXR 600. It was stolen from his driveway. I was told by another friend to use lock-tite on all threads which will hopefully give them an additional opstical.

·
Old Goat
26,227 Posts
Reason for my concerns is because a work friend recent had his bike stolen, so it got me thinking. His situation is different, however he had a sport bike; a GXR 600. It was stolen from his driveway. I was told by another friend to use lock-tite on all threads which will hopefully give them an additional opstical.
Maybe you could use a fastner that most likely they wouldnt have that tool on them, as for me I would do up slick and not worry about theft , you know that if they want them they will get them, I guess the thing would be to make it as hard for them as you can. Good luck

G

·
Here is a simple method.

Won't be simple if YOU want to take them off, but that's sorta the idea.

Tighten the bolts through the nut - bolt should protrude through the nut.

Take a pair of pliers and bugger up the threads on the bolt outside the nut.

You might, if the bolts are just flush with the nut be able to use a center punch between the nut and bolt threads.

The intent is to make them non-removable.

If you decide to remove them later on, a Dremel Tool with fiber cutoff wheel would do the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts