Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acquired my VTX a couple days ago. In the first pic you see how the bag is at a very slanted angle. When I went today to see what I could do about I realized that the previous owner had not even installed a support on the side so the bag was basically resting on the back break caliper. As I was removing them I noticed he had used a ugly steel bolt to secure the support. It goes through the inside of the bag so you don't see it normally. The next 2 pics show the bike with the bags off. You can see the missing bolt on the one side, which if anyone knows where I can get one that would be great. I am also missing the nut for the back of the passenger seat. So I would like to get some different saddlebags and was curious what people would recommend. I looked at a few posts but a lot of them were really old. Thanks :)

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Old Goat
26,898 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do a search for easy brackets or ghost brackets and u can mount dang near any brand u want…..theres almost 20 years of info on these bikes…all u got to do is google….good luck

Oh don't get me wrong I googled quite a bit. I just like to see feedback from people who truly love the VTX, see what they've done with thier bike's. Some times you get little tidbits of info like "These were grest but make sure you do this with them or that will happen. Stuff like that.2

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Saddle Bags on a VTX 1800:LOL::sneaky:(y)

·
Old Goat
26,898 Posts
Oh don't get me wrong I googled quite a bit. I just like to see feedback from people who truly love the VTX, see what they've done with thier bike's. Some times you get little tidbits of info like "These were grest but make sure you do this with them or that will happen. Stuff like that.2
Understood…but if u noticed not a lot of activity here…most information will be archived…..good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Acquired my VTX a couple days ago. In the first pic you see how the bag is at a very slanted angle. When I went today to see what I could do about I realized that the previous owner had not even installed a support on the side so the bag was basically resting on the back break caliper. As I was removing them I noticed he had used a ugly steel bolt to secure the support. It goes through the inside of the bag so you don't see it normally. The next 2 pics show the bike with the bags off. You can see the missing bolt on the one side, which if anyone knows where I can get one that would be great. I am also missing the nut for the back of the passenger seat. So I would like to get some different saddlebags and was curious what people would recommend. I looked at a few posts but a lot of them were really old. Thanks :)

View attachment 200353
View attachment 200354
View attachment 200355
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Check out the selection of fiberglass bags from Tsukayu. I've been running them for 5 years and 20,000 miles. They look great, can be ordered color matched and bike specific, and they are much cheaper than Patriot or Calvary fiberglass hard bags. Tsukayu Hard Bags

·
Registered
14,648 Posts
Partzilla dot com is one of the parts places. There are others. Rear fender. OEM bolt length, no pitch info. Handy tool.. Ace hardware has chrome and SS bolts. Honda VTX1800C A REAR FENDER / GRAB RAIL (VTX1800C) Diagram.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
You can get a SS cap nut at a fastener supplier for the rear seat nut. If it doesn't go down far enough, put a regular SS hex nut or a couple SS flat washers under the cap nut. Very little expense.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Old Goat
26,898 Posts
fastenal……got a good selection….if u dont have an ace….(we dont)

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
fastenal……got a good selection….if u dont have an ace….(we dont)
You might find them @ Lowe's or H Depot in their specialty SS sections.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Never cared for hard bags on a cruiser bike. I do have leather bags and a T-bag I use for trips like Yosemite, Yellowstone, Glacier Park and the Arches and they worked quite well when wife and I made those trips. I use Palladin removable windshield, sissy bar and luggage rack so when not on a trip I put her back to the cruiser for tooling around the area and eating up these curvy roads in east Texas. To each his own. Ride 'em or sell 'em!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Acquired my VTX a couple days ago. In the first pic you see how the bag is at a very slanted angle. When I went today to see what I could do about I realized that the previous owner had not even installed a support on the side so the bag was basically resting on the back break caliper. As I was removing them I noticed he had used a ugly steel bolt to secure the support. It goes through the inside of the bag so you don't see it normally. The next 2 pics show the bike with the bags off. You can see the missing bolt on the one side, which if anyone knows where I can get one that would be great. I am also missing the nut for the back of the passenger seat. So I would like to get some different saddlebags and was curious what people would recommend. I looked at a few posts but a lot of them were really old. Thanks 

Hi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wanted to say that is a gorgeous bike!! same color as my recently acquired 2003 1800R.. I had a similar issue with my bike except the previous owner "DIY'd" his own mounts with sheet metal and never painted them, lol.. needless to say I took the bags off, cleaned them up and in the meantime I am deciding how I've like to add them back on.. I hope you found an answer and are enjoying that bike!!

Tried to quote the post but this was in response to the OP

·
Registered
2002 VTX 1800C
5 Posts
View attachment 200489
Check out the selection of fiberglass bags from Tsukayu. I've been running them for 5 years and 20,000 miles. They look great, can be ordered color matched and bike specific, and they are much cheaper than Patriot or Calvary fiberglass hard bags. Tsukayu Hard Bags
Do you remember how long it took from ordering to receive, and did you do the color match or aftermarket paint? Any issues with Tsukayu customer service? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts