Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Do you remember how long it took from ordering to receive, and did you do the color match or aftermarket paint? Any issues with Tsukayu customer service? Thanks.
Time involved from when you place an order until it arrives, is a crap shoot. With Covid and Bidenomics, if companies didn't shut down altogether or go out of business, their supply chains and personnel issues were greatly disrupted. About this time 2 years ago, I first placed an order with J & P Cycle Parts for a new set of progressive 444 shocks. After they dicked me around for 6-7 weeks, the ensuing January I ordered directly from Precision Parts in Calif. Middle of January, they finally arrived June 29. I had a broken different-brand shock, so was unable to ride or get the bike inspected until they arrived. Precision does not make the shocks, they assemble them, and were held up in production by one little part, I was told. And I no sooner received mine, than they jacked the prices by at least $50 or more. Most stuff for metric bikes is made guess where? China.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Time involved from when you place an order until it arrives, is a crap shoot. With Covid and Bidenomics, if companies didn't shut down altogether or go out of business, their supply chains and personnel issues were greatly disrupted. About this time 2 years ago, I first placed an order with J & P Cycle Parts for a new set of progressive 444 shocks. After they dicked me around for 6-7 weeks, the ensuing January I ordered directly from Precision Parts in Calif. Middle of January, they finally arrived June 29. I had a broken different-brand shock, so was unable to ride or get the bike inspected until they arrived. Precision does not make the shocks, they assemble them, and were held up in production by one little part, I was told. And I no sooner received mine, than they jacked the prices by at least $50 or more. Most stuff for metric bikes is made guess where? China.
FWIW, they kept telling me 3-5 weeks which then actually turned into 3-5 months, then 6 months.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Do you remember how long it took from ordering to receive, and did you do the color match or aftermarket paint? Any issues with Tsukayu customer service? Thanks.
I didn't do color match, the vivid black is a perfect match to Honda's gloss black. Communication was fairly easy and quick. I did have an issue where they informed me that my order would take 6 weeks instead of the promised 3 weeks. I ended up filing a complaint with Paypay and Tsukayu rush shipped the bags to keep the transaction from being cancelled and refunded by Paypal. I emailed the President and told him that it was a shame that their extremely quality product was so hard to obtain. He agreed and vowed that they would do better. That was in 2015. As I understand it now, Tsukayu now has American distributors (email [email protected] for a list) and they also are sold on Ebay which has a pretty sturdy customer protection plan. I purchased the bike specific strong hard (fiberglass) bags, but I recommend the generic bags so that you can get the exact install location for your particular bike. Hope this helps. Note that I relocated my rear turn signals by making a custom license plate bracket.
Tire Land vehicle Sky Wheel Vehicle
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

21 - 24 of 24 Posts