Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched for quite some time and used the print outs from the TECH section to do the de-pair and at the same time install my Stebel....man it is loud...haha

anyhow, I have a couple questions.

The two hoses off the carb get capped or can they be run one to the other?

The gas tank is running one long vaccum hose to the bottom of the bike going to nowhere, that I understand is correct.

I currently have a fair but not good idle, and no response on twist but it will bubble then die out. Certainly a vaccum issue I am sure cause I was unable to get all my questions answered even with 7 printed out pages and the color diagram.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
With the pair gone.....vacuum line should come out of the intake manifold to a T....one end of the T to the carb and the other to the petcock.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If I understand you correctly that long hose gets connected to the tank. Look under the tank close to the seat, (bottom right) there is where that hose connects creating a vaccum so the gas flows through the petcock hoses. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Poison said:
With the pair gone.....vacuum line should come out of the intake manifold to a T....one end of the T to the carb and the other to the petcock.
Don't you have to plug the tee where the vac line to the pair plumbing came off.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
DuelXer said:
Poison said:
Don't you have to plug the tee where the vac line to the pair plumbing came off.
Yes...the open t should either be capped or the t replaced with a straight section.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I did the pair removal yesterday and went for a nice 150 mile ride today. The bike ran fine but I noticed that the bike still backfires when I am going down some steep hills and rolling off the throttle. Other than that it was pretty good. Is this normal or should I be checking for a leak somewhere. I just put on new pipes a few weeks ago

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Go ahead and retighten the exahust. Normally after putting new pipes you should go back after a few hundred miles and recheck the torque of the new pipes. I bet thats where your leak is.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
spuu2kie said:
Go ahead and retighten the exahust. Normally after putting new pipes you should go back after a few hundred miles and recheck the torque of the new pipes. I bet thats where your leak is.
Are there any visual clues that will show where a leak is????

·
Registered
289 Posts
Use a long stick type lighter, start the bike, light the lighter and see if the flame gets blown out around the gasket flanges, just make sure the fan isn't running :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts