Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
As far as braking components go, you won't do much better than OEM (for the VTX). JMHO

·
Old Goat
24,409 Posts
As far as braking components go, you won't do much better than OEM (for the VTX). JMHO
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...I’m a big fan of OEM...regardless of the application....:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Can't remember right now seems like I went with a "EBC" rotor (will check later).

Found it: Yes EBC MD1148 with OEM pads. Very happy with operation.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't remember right now seems like I went with a "EBC" rotor (will check later).

Found it: Yes EBC MD1148 with OEM pads. Very happy with operation.
. Thanks for all your replies . I use mostly OEM stuff on my x . There is big difference in OEM and China rotors . On cars I use cheep rotor with good pads and works like a charm. Probly will get a OEM rear rotor for change when rear tire goes kaput . eo

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
. There is big difference in OEM and China rotors .

From the EBC website "EBC produces 100% of its brake pad range in its own factories in the UK and USA, 100% of its own motorcycle brake discs/rotors in its UK facility and a huge proportion of its automotive brake discs are also UK and USA made."

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I have aftermarket front rotors on both of my bikes. One has Performance Machine rotors (came with the custom rims). The other has China made (eBay) Honda CBF aftermarket rotors. OEM pads on both.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
OEM you know your getting original quality. Aftermarket parts you are taking a chance, sometimes they work out ok, sometimes there are problems.

I would "usually" agree with you but when I get 3 JUNK OEM rotors from two different "OEM Stealers" it's time to go "after market" to get quality! :nerd:

·
Old Goat
24,409 Posts
Given the life of these bikes and OEM rotors that are taken care of....what are the savings...just asking...good luck

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Given the life of these bikes and OEM rotors that are taken care of....what are the savings...just asking...good luck

No problem! The savings is my old A$$, actually cost me more to go after market but I got a "quality" rotor. Please go back to post #5 of this thread and click the link & read that thread. :wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts