Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a little more pullback so I can take full advantage of my backrest. I have the Corbin Classic Solo with a backrest, and I have to angle the backrest a little too far forward so I can reach the bars and have my back supported. For those of you who went the aftermarket route, what brand did you purchase, did you need longer cables and do you have any pictures? I know that I can switch to the Retro bars with risers, but I would really like to stay with the "drag bar" look, so that's where I'm starting. If I have to go the Retro way, I'll do it, but that's Plan B. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I went with the Aeromach 6" risers and the Flanders 35 degree drag bars.
The stock cables work fine.

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Highflying,

Thanks for the pictures. I believe that is what I'm looking for. Where did you purchase your risers, bars & windshield? Also, do you know if the mounts for your Pop Top are the same for the Memphis Fats windshields? I want two windshields...one for short excursions, and the other for longer trips.

How hard was it to change out the bars?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
MR VTX said:
Highflying,

Thanks for the pictures. I believe that is what I'm looking for. Where did you purchase your risers, bars & windshield? Also, do you know if the mounts for your Pop Top are the same for the Memphis Fats windshields? I want two windshields...one for short excursions, and the other for longer trips.

How hard was it to change out the bars?
I like that too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm liking that look too horrifying. And you keep the stock cables? How stretched are they at lock? I'm guessing that the hardest part of replacing the bars is the throttle sleeve? What is involved there?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts