Honda VTX Forum banner

aftermarket pipes

600 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dartanuan 
#1 ·
Looking for some aftermarket pipes for my 1800N. Not picky on the brand, just looking for something louder than the stock pipes I have now. Rather than dropping 600 bucks on some new pipes, I thought i'd give the forum a try. I'm in the SoCal area. Would be willing to pay for shipping if its reasonable. Otherwise, local pick up would be ideal. thanks.

#2 ·
You could get slip ons, and only replace the back part of the pipes, which would be MUCH cheaper. I have Cobra Slash-Cuts, and have been very happy with them.
If you like the original look, but are looking for more sound, you might also try VTX-Exhaust. You ship them your pipes, the modify them, and ship them back to you,,, for less than half the cost of new pipes. Those are a couple of options.

Reactions: Curt E
#5 ·
I was looking into slip ons but couldnt find any exhaust clips on YouTube or anything. I'd defiitely be interested in going that route as well. Splitting lanes here in California is dangerous enough, doing it with almost no exhaust sound makes it that much more dangerous.

#3 ·
I have the V@H pipes on my 03 1800C, that I want to trade for some stock pipes. I don't think they would be a direct bolt on fit for either of us unfortunately. Due to some inner ear problems I have the loud pipes now give me a splitting headache after appx. 30 minutes of riding. I still love to ride yet not in pain. Hope to get some stock pipes ASAP..

#6 ·
The slip-ons (at least the Cobras) have a separate mounting kit that you buy along with the pipes. They are specifically designed for your model of bike, and are an exact replacement - no modifications required. The tailpipe mounting bracket is replaced (part of the kit), so just keep the bracket, in case you ever want to go back to the original pipes. Call the techs at Cobra or V&H and I'm sure they can answer any questions you might have.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.