Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been swamped and not on the boards for a while, but I'm about to order Bubs and hopefully a new air kit for my 04 1300C (candy red). I really like the xtremerevolution flamed kit to match the flamed headlight shell I'm ordering, but I'm concerned about leg clearance. Kuryakyn appears to have a new skull one too: http://hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/pr ... =352027724

I've sat on a VTX w/ a hypercharger and it is a major obstruction for my knee. I can't comfortably reach the stock pegs. The stock air box causes me no problems -- I don't even know it's there. But it doesn't have much style. It may have to do w/ a person's height/inseam etc. I'm 5'10 w/ 30" inseam. I may eventually add cruise pegs or forward controls, but currently have stock controls.

So my question is -- what air cleaner offers the best combination of style and performance WITHOUT leg interference?

THEN, what jetting should I use with that air kit combined with Bub Jug Huggers?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would check the ones out from Thunder Mfg. I am only 5' 7". I have no problems with mine. Most believe you get better performance from one of these over a hyper charger. Thunder makes many different styles.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Brown County Customs offers several styles of air boxes using the stock air box with intake cutouts, may want to look at those also. I don't have a link but I know Viking Motorcycles has 'em. 8)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have the Thunder 7" round like NYVTX has but on a retro. I think it may actually have a smaller profile than the stock airbox. I know i feel it less than the stock box. As far as which jet, Thunder will send you the correct main jet to use in "most cases". They STRONGLY recommend using the 210 main in their kit. You will still need a jet kit for the clip and adjustable needle and spring.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hal's got the Brown County Covers. Search under manufacturers. Just ordered the Tribal Flame job.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
UltraFlow

same clearance as stock
Spencer :twisted:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spencer, the ultraflow is my favorite, but my main concern was the rear portion of the filter. Since the stock box tapers, I was worried about the rear edge of the ultraflow sticking out further and hitting right where my knee rests.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I run the thunder odyssey Its shape is close to the stock air box. Also does not stick out very far at all.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I like my Thunder Vertical S&S style,I'm 6' with 34" inseam,I don't know it's there.I used the Dynojet kit;210 main-4th clip on needle-2 3/4 turns out on A/F screw.Runs like a "Raped APE" :shock: ........... :D Rod

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks Papa
His new name is Willie

Rip, I have never had a problem with the back edge of the UltrFlow
even with my rather Troll like 30" legs.
Spencer :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts