Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry to ask this question again. I have done lots of reading, and the more I seem to read the more confused I get.

I currently have V&H big shots installed, and have placed an order to get my quiet baffles (being in the UK parts take a LONG time to arrive!) but would like to replace the stock air filter with something that looks a bit nicer than the stock filter, and would compliment my pipes to get a small boost in bhp.

The two I am currently looking at are the kuri high five, kuri hyper pro r. Being a novice though, I don't know what installation would be like for someone that is not quite sure what a carburetor does (I know, thats bad!). I believe the only way to learn is to try and do it, but I'm just a bit nervous about making a mistake and having to call someone out to get the bike going again.

So my 2 questions are, what filters are recommended for this bike with big shots, and would self installation be recommended?

Cheers!

·
Registered
905 Posts
to answer your questios......
1. You can put what ever intake on the bike that you wishin combination with any pipes that you wish, just get the one you like. While certain intakes preform better than others, none of them are going to add giant amounts of power, so the most important thing is that you like what you put on.
2. You will have no problems installing it yourself. with the help of the people on this forum, even if you have a problem, you will get the answers you need to fix it.
...........You will need to tune the carb. after installing a new intake, this can seem daunting to a new or unexperienced wrench, but it is not rocket science, and with the right info, you will not have too many problems. Also, you will find that in the end it's a good feeling to do your own work, knowing it's done right, and saving money for more chrome, gas, and whatever else.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
How are ya? With minimal, not-enough-to-notice HP gains with an aftermarket air cleaner installation, I would just keep the stock air cleaner in tact. If anything, if you're lookin' to increase air flow for your Big shots, go with a "Kewl" air-box cover which has an X design cut into the cover which allows alittle more air through the stock air filter/engine, without having to rejet. This is my set-up with Hard Krome 2.5 strippers exhaust on my '06 1300C. Sounds great, runs awesome!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the big shots with the Kury pro series hypercharger. Had to tune the carb a bit. Check my sig pic to see how it looks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts