Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried one of these cushions? They are made by ROHO. They are a company that provides pressure relieve products in the medical industry to aviod pressure ulcers. Great reputation in the medical field and making me think about getting one for the long rides.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I hear they do work but are easy to steal. Try the Mean City Cycles website.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fugured I would just buy one

:doorag:
I hear they do work but are easy to steal. Try the Mean City Cycles website.
I did think about that and will just use on long halls taking off at night. Thanks!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
air

For what it's worth a friend of mine has one and he has it on his mustang seat all the time. Kip.:snow1:

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
I have heard mostly good reviews on them. They are expensive but I think it's worth it if you frequently do longer rides on the bike. I've tried other cheaper versions that were ok but I'm trying the Airhawk next.

If I could I would buy an Ultimate seat for my bike but I have a customized rear fender so it won't fit, plus I don't want a bulky seat on all the time so a seat pad is the best option for when I go on long rides.

Here's a link:

http://www.therohostore.com/AIRHAWK-Motorcycle-Seat-Cushions.aspx

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I purchased two of these in 2003.I rarely use mine,however the wife will not go on a long trip without hers. I have found that I am happy with my Mustang seat up to about 600 miles at a time. After that, If I feel the need, I take hers for an hour or so.
It takes some getting used to though. It will set you about 1" higher in the saddle and you kinda get a wobble butt. Not a problem on the super slab, but not good for the twisties.
I would suggest that you get one for your passenger and take turns as needed.

SNUSH:pepper1:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I purchased two of these in 2003.I rarely use mine,however the wife will not go on a long trip without hers. I have found that I am happy with my Mustang seat up to about 600 miles at a time. After that, If I feel the need, I take hers for an hour or so.
It takes some getting used to though. It will set you about 1" higher in the saddle and you kinda get a wobble butt. Not a problem on the super slab, but not good for the twisties.
I would suggest that you get one for your passenger and take turns as needed.

SNUSH:pepper1:
My girlfriend feels the same as your wife (maybe I'd better rephrase that)
She won't leave home without it. I personally don't care for them myself but have turned on many of my friends to them and they love 'em.

Best price I've EVER seen is at http://www.derbycycles.com/
(I am in no way connected to Derby Cycles other than being a satisified customer). Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
777 Posts
A must have for long rides, back in April did 3200 mi and 8 states in 6 days ( 2 days spent @ event). On day 8, the only pain experienced was throttle wrist, elbo, shoulder I wanted to cut them off but couldn't get to my knife, LOL. I just purchased a throttle lock to help that issue. Kinda pricey but a bud loaned me his and I only left it at one place (Amarillo) on the way home, didn't realize it until about 20 mi down the road, was able to retrieve it though. Only put enough air into it to lift you approx 1/4" off the seat and there's very little noticable height difference. It will be my next accessory, God bless. JD

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
MCM did a review on the AirHawk vs. the Freedom Air back in July '08. Both are similar air filled pads, designed for the medical industry, but they liked the Freedom Air much more than the AirHawk - less movement of air from compartment to compartment allowing movement, and no "pressure points" between the legs. They summed it up as this: By comparison.... The AirHawk offers a 25% improvement in comfort over the stock seat while the Freedom Air provided a 70% improvement.

I have not tried either, thus I cannot comment on one or the other, but based on MCN's reviews, its worth a look. (They are comparably priced, too.) Their link is: www.starcushion.com

Todd

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have rider and passenger Air Hawks. I used them for a while on the stock Honda seats, but didn't care much for the movement between rider and saddle. I went to Mustang seats and once broken in, feel great. My wife didn't like the Air Hawk for the same reason and loves the Mustang seat.
If you want to buy the Air Hawks, they're like new and I would let go of them very cheap. If interested send me a privale message.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have rider and passenger Air Hawks. I used them for a while on the stock Honda seats, but didn't care much for the movement between rider and saddle. I went to Mustang seats and once broken in, feel great. My wife didn't like the Air Hawk for the same reason and loves the Mustang seat.
If you want to buy the Air Hawks, they're like new and I would let go of them very cheap. If interested send me a privale message.

how much?

·
Registered
777 Posts
You can reach me at [email protected]
I don't think we're supposed to wheel and deal on the forum. :)
My bad, I thought this was "pay it forward" thread. Got caught up in the moment I guess. God bless, JD

You have a pm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts