Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can't decide between the kury hypercharger and baron's big air kit...any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
64,346 Posts
What do you want? Looks? Go with the Hyper or the BAK depending on what you like the looks of. Performance? Go with the BAK or the Thunder Hurricane.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I WANT IT ALL SPIKE! I like the looks of both, but i do want the best performance....so iwould guess that's one vote BAK.....

thanks for your input

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
BAK should flow much better than the HyperCharger. If you like that look. K&N has one that looks similar and uses part of the factory air box. Very easy to install and probably has more filter area than any other air kit.

Its very cheap too but will probably hit your leg. Autozone will order them for you for a better price than almost anyone.

HDL i think has them too at a very fair price.

They also offer a billet milled version too.

IMO the best combination of looks and performance is the Thunder Hurricane for $254 at HDL. Looks great and is among the top performers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o.k. another option, but...no application listed for my n model...just noticed there is none listed for the bak also.....any way to make them fit?

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
shadow16508 said:
o.k. another option, but...no application listed for my n model...just noticed there is none listed for the bak also.....any way to make them fit?
It will be the same as an 05 or later R model :wink:

G

·
Thunder hurricane,,,,,,,,,,best,,,,,,,does not at all get in the way of your leg,,,,,plenty of fresh air for the beast and looks so very tough,,,,,,,,,,many compliments

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
k9hoover said:
Will the Thunder Hurricane be in the way of the leg with the Rivco highway pegs that mount on the frame??
Not sure about the hurricane, but with the Tornado you should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
64,346 Posts
The Huricane will not be in the way either. Both the Tornado and Huricane are forward of the stock airbox so they are well forward of your leg.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a side note, ordered my Hurricane from HDL on July 3rd. Just heard today that it is backordered till Aug 15 and then will be shipped to me. Hope you have better luck with your order. I love the look and can not wait to get it. Mine is for a 2005N.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well in about 3 hrs I got an Update from HDL, now the ship date is 8-22. Oh well just have to cross my fingers and hope to use it in the fall. Cold air does make more power right , LOL.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
@ least it's coming in 4 ya. I wanted 1 bad but I still owe $4400 on the gal so my air kit ended up being a K&N filter. I like the looks of the Thunder Hurricane.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.