Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In September I posted a trip report of my VTX ride to Alaska. It is here:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200992&highlight=balou

I put some of my pics to music and put them on YouTube. They are kinda fuzzy but what the heck, YouTube is free. You get what you pay for.

Alaska part one

Alaska part two

I wish I was going up there again with all you guys in 09 but finances dictate otherwise.:(

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Dude, thanks for sharing your trip with us. Looks like you had a trip of a life time man. Man am I jealous :mrgreen:. One place I want to go, before I go, is Alaska. Man that looks sweet. Thanks again for sharing your adventure.....

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
All I can say is WOW! I admit to feeling a little nervous seeing pix of tools and parts every 10th pic or so :( But the sights... like I said, all I can say is WOW!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Looks like it wasn't so bad? I was wondering how things were going for you when I thought of your trip, last summer was one of the wettest on record. Looks like you met our two white women, the little gal in Alaska Leather didn't give you a hard time did she?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
WOW that was so great.I always wanted to go to Alaska.On a bike even better.That must have been awsome.Good for you.Trip of a life time.:thumbup::congrats::bowdown::doorag:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
GREAT JOB, GREAT TRIP and to think a little bit of my X has been to Alaska. Good to see that video hows your ST1300 doing? :thumbup:

·
Troll Patrol
4,743 Posts
David as always it's great to experience your trips.
Great job with putting the videos together. :thumbup:
Thanks for sharing bro. ~M

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scott: Cant complain about the weather. Had a little rain but wasnt to bad. Yes, I met the infamous Barb of Alaska Leather. She combed out my hi-mileage buttpad and gave me new elastic strap. FREE!

Whit? I settled on a Kawasaki Versys and so far so good. Am doing a few mods to it as we speak. "She" told me she wants to see Utah and Idaho next summer and I wont argue with women.:agree: I just say yes dear.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
David,
It's good to hear that your trip went well. Now that you know your way around the next will be even better.
About Miss Barb, she is nice to the women and girls (Shelly really likes her), but she can be cruel to the dudes. I uh, know this dude that she was fitting a new pair of chaps for and when she bumped something in his front jeans pocket she said "is that your chap stick or are you just happy to see me?"
In words loud enough that everyone in the store could hear.:oops: sb

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I just have one question about the pics; how close to those grizzlies were you that you got those pics? And then the baby, where there's a baby usually there's a momma right? For me that would have been a little bit of a pucker factor and then the buffalo's.... Man..... Would have been great to see all that in the wild but I think I would have had to change my shorts after that. :lol:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Great music, great pictures, scary ones too.
You have a nack for getting pictures that make a story, not just sceanary like I would do.
Super job.

The wife and I have an Alaska trip on our agenda, but need two new bikes first. Our bikes are just about done, as far as long distance trips go. This summer we are doing the east coast, and that will just about do it. We've been to the Grand Canyon, Nova Scotia, San Diego, and this summer, Florida.

Alaska is all that's left.

I need your help with a little guidance. Deer, elk, bison, their OK, but the bears kinda freak me out, so do you have any survival suggestions when confronting those beasties?:D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cwd: Some of those griz were within 15 feet of idling VTX. In gear of course.:smile:

Rickie: Keep a clean camp or motel it. I had zero probs with bears and I tented at least 3 weeks in "stealth" campsites. Meaning wherever the hell I wanted. I did no cooking in camp. None. But they are inquisitive little buggers and liked to leave their tracks and a few calling cards (poop) around my tent.8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts