Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised here are the photos from the setup that we installed last night. The bike really rides nice. Although the Dunlop has a flatter arc to the tire and it does feel different than the Metzeler 260. With the flatter arc you would probably tend to use more of the width of the tire than you would with the Metzeler. The Dunlop looks like it would have more contact with the road. I don't know if that is good or bad.

·
Registered
759 Posts
looks sharp, wish i had cash to put that big fat tire on back.

·
Registered
816 Posts

the wheel and swingarm look great! i like the rear brake located underneath too. i would have also put the rear rotor on the left side so i could see the wheel better (from the right) is this a wider swingarm than the 240 you sell on line? guess it's time to start developing more cool fenders for that swingarm 8)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is our custom swingarm that is built from scratch. It is approx one inch wider on the right side. With the SUPER-HUB you can do just about anything - - - once you get all of the spacers right. (Laughing at myself).

·
Registered
572 Posts
Don't worry we all know the 1300's a better ride just don't say it too loud otherwise those 1800 guys get all defensive when they realize they bought a bike that can't hold a candle to the 1300.

(I bet that starts a flame session!!!)

·
Registered
248 Posts
The back end looks terrible. IMO

Black rubber is nothing but that...black rubber

The emporer has no clothes

·
Registered
42 Posts
is the 240 kit worth getting? how does it handle?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The back end looks terrible. IMO

Black rubber is nothing but that...black rubber

The emporer has no clothes
Aw, then you don't understand my tastes. I do not like vanilla ice cream, I do not like chocolate ice cream, my taste goes more towards pan fried pistachio with boysenberry chunks.

I love black rubber.

And you better get some clothes for the emperor as it might be cold at night.

There I did it and I feel better.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is the 240 kit worth getting? how does it handle?
It handles fine but it sure does look good. But don't say anything to the emperor. LOL.

·
Registered
770 Posts
You guys gotta understand that Hal likes have mud slung all over the back side of his shirts. I think thats what he means about chocolate icecream and panfried..all over his shirt cuz he won't put a real fender on that thing! :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys gotta understand that Hal likes have mud slung all over the back side of his shirts. I think thats what he means about chocolate icecream and panfried..all over his shirt cuz he won't put a real fender on that thing!
It has a real fender on it but someday I will break down and fix it cause when I came home today my wife wanted to know what I did to the back of my shirt. I had to explain the whole rotational thing and how it looks good but it throws water and dirt to the front of the bike and gets on whatever is there. She just shook her head and walked away quietly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If every thing looked the same ---- that wouldn,t be any fun.

To each his own---anyway who pays for it???

Unique Hal,

operator

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ooohhh yeah. I know that look. I got it a couple of times... today. Don't know what it means, Hal, but I like chocolate and vanilla and I still think that rear looks cool. Thanks for sharin'.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
operator said:
If every thing looked the same ---- that wouldn,t be any fun.

To each his own---anyway who pays for it???

Unique Hal,

operator
So true. I'm trying to make mine look as different as possible. Hey, does cowhide qualify as a paint color?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think cowhide would be pretty unique also, but I don't think its an original.
I saw a dude in some Sturgis pictures with a cowhide bike, horns and all.

operator

1 - 20 of 23 Posts