Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Alley Cat Memphis Shades and put it on my 1300 C. For 2 days I have been riding up and down the road like an idiot, stopping every few miles trying to adjust it so it does not make my head hurt from the buffet. Had bikes stopping all day yesterday to see if I needed help. Even some cars stopped. Am I expecting to much from this shield or is there something I am doing wrong. All you that have the alley cat did you have this trouble and how is yours high, low , tilted back or more straight up.
Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have mine more upright and about 3/4" space between it and the head light, if you were expecting it to keep all the wind out of your face...it's not...I still get the wind in the face but most importantly it keeps it off your chest...I got used to the wind in the face...especially good in the summer...hope this helps some

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wind in face does not bother me. It feels like someone is slapping the side of my helmet. Does it at speeds over 45.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I noticed it depends on what helmet I am wearing. With my Fulmer full face I would get quite a bit of buffeting above 60mph, if the shield was up it would be bad at 40mph. With my new Shoei RF1000 I get no buffeting at all.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I get no buffeting on mine, I use a 3/4 helmet never try it with the Full face. Any way is tilted back just about 1-1/2" from the angle on the forks and 3/4" from the headlight.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had the Memphis Fats and suffered the wind buffeting. Switched to the Honda shield and the problem is gone..............................

G

·
alley cat

I have the 18" Alley Cat and I experience some wind buffeting also. I have mine in the full upright position for the least amount of buffeting. I wear a full face helmet. My wife wears full face helmet as well and she gets the buffeting as well. I'm thinking of putting lowers on to see if that helps. From what other guys tell me, the lowers should help.

·
Registered
759 Posts
i get some head buffeting but does a good job of keeping wind off chest/fatigue. i like some wind in my face.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts