Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am currently looking through adds online just to see what's out there and to keep me on target for saving to get an 1800. Came across an add 02 vtx1800c $3000 well didn't take long to figure out why it was being sold...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
At $3k, it looks like she priced it, too. That's a steal!

We've all seen the ads that guys put up on Craigslist when they promise their wife they'll sell the bike...
"2005 GSXR1000, only been down once, plastidipped - $14,000"

"I don't get it, honey. I've had the bike listed for two weeks and no one's interested!"

·
Registered
5,097 Posts

We've all seen the ads that guys put up on Craigslist when they promise their wife they'll sell the bike...

"I don't get it, honey. I've had the bike listed for two weeks and no one's interested!"
Wait til a few weeks before and after Christmas. That's when bikes are really being 'ditched'. Looking at picking up a low miler myself. God bless my late wife but, I took care of my family and whatever I did with my motorcycles was my business. Can't even imagine dealing with that crap!

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Same Jimbo,

my bikes came before my wife did.. and she knows it.

my wedding ring is on my little finger..
Here it means there is a condition on the marriage . married for 43 years.

she can not say/do anything about my motorcycles... If I have the money and want a bike.. I get it.

she did ride behind me from 1971 to 2004. when she said, she will no longer ride.. I then said..
I no longer need a Goldwing... and started the search for a New bike.. and did Feb. 2005 a VTX1800F....

fyi.. from 1983 to 2002.. had both a Goldwing and a sport bike. and various 70's CB750's.
75, 83, 86 wings, and 83 VF750F and later 88 CBR1000F. (all New)

·
Old Goat
24,779 Posts
I always found it was better to ask forgiveness than permission.................................... course Im single now.....LOL

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yep, my wife doesn't say much anymore about my bikes and at time Bikes. I right now have two.

Funny story......... When we married the one caveat "No Motorcycles!" She feels them unsafe and being a worrier said it's one less thing to worry about if I don't have one.

Well, I have always enjoyed them and had many, of course it had been many, many years. So I work on the road and I'm always searching Craigslist anywhere I go, looking for a deal on anything I can re-sell. So first I bring home a 250cc sccoter...... Not much in the way of "upset" so I fix it and ride it a bit. Then I quickly moved up too a Yamaha 400 scooter. Still, not too upset but not as happy as with the smaller one. I told her then..... I've always enjoyed riding bikes and just can't get the thoughts of them off my mind.

So, I go out to work on June 8, three years ago and while on site (Work for an auction company) I get a chance to pick up a 2002 1800R. Just serviced, new tires, Corbin seat, fuel programmer and aftermarket pipes. A nice looking bike and real eye catcher. I knew I couldn't bring it home so even when the auctioneer saying, try it out, I avoided it. That is until the day before the auction. He asked me to move it and I was hooked. So, I told him, I'm all in at $3500 thinking it would bring more and I'd be off the hook. No such luck, I bought it for $3400.

I was gone from June 8, too October 8 and was only home for 2 days over the 4th of July holiday. So, I arrive home on October 8th with trailer in tow. (Bike in the trailer along with tools and such) The wife meets me in the driveway telling me how happy she is that I'm home. I tell her " You won't be quite so happy when you see what you bought me for Christmas" I have to say, while not quite happy, she took it well. And while she still worries when I'm riding, she does feed that by letting me know about group rides, rallies and poker runs. Now she just tells me...... "Be Careful"

So, I don't see pictures like this in my future! Just had to share that story too!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts

My neighbor did this a few years ago, rolling his '03 1800 C into his front yard after a fight with his wife over it. He put a 4 sale sign on it, and when I asked him what he was asking, he said 13K. While very nice w/ custom bronze paint w/ ghost flames, and lots of other goodies, it was not worth that on an open market. An hr. later after she saw what he did, she stormed out into the yard and yanked the sale sign off, and stormed back into the house, LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
My wife has never been on a bike with anyone but me. When we married I had red 76' Goldwing that I had bought new a couple of years earlier and she instantly loved riding with me and has been riding with me ever since. It's pretty rare that we don't make at-least one 200+ mile ride every month, usually several. When we bought the VTX 3 years ago for $5200 she was a major decision maker in the deal. It's Worth every penny to us considering that we got $5200 worth of fun out of it the first year we had it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
TheMind of a Wife!

> Husband's call:
>
>Honey it's me. I don't want to alarm you but I was hit by a car as I was
> leaving the office.
>
> Paula brought me to the hospital. They have checked me over and done some
> tests and some x-rays. The blow to my head was severe. Fortunately it did
> not cause any serious internal injury.
>
> However I do have three broken ribs, a compound fracture in the leftleg,
> and they think they may have to amputate my right foot."
>
>Wife's Response:
>Who is Paula?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
If you look really closely, you can see :crying: tears in the guys eyes. :mrgreen:

I've never let a woman tell me what to do concerning my motorcycles, but my sister sold her husbands motorcycle after he crashed it (it was still mostly OK). Sometimes the woman wear the pants.....

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I got lucky. My wife never rode on a bike before she met me. Once I got her on the back she loved it. She eventually wants her own.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I had a similar but opposite situation. Before we got married, my wife knew I had a bike ('72 Ironhead Sporty-kick ONLY), but she didn't like riding on the back with me on that tall narrow pillion. When I was thinking about getting another one, she sat down on a VLX600, and said, "I can ride this!" Well, I had already seen and fell for a VT750DC Spirit with flames on the tank, so she says, "You get that one, and I'll get this one!" Since the two Hondas (at $11.5k) were LESS than the one HD (Night Train Softtail - at nearly 18k and change financed) I had been eyeing, I just couldn't pass it up! When I had a GL1200 Goldwing, she would ride behind me, but she still prefers to ride her own. Now, she's wanting to get a trike!! :surprise:

·
Registered
6 Posts
You mite have the last word on the bikes....but ck credit her history...mine had $40K in CC debt...had statements delivered to P.O. Box...I got rid of her...woman's scorn..

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
man that's a cryin shame . you know I mostly agree with the if mamma aint happy deal .but sometimes you also need to grow some and stand your ground !! After all there are cases of a MANS gotta do what a MANS gotta do!! and I for one think there are far to many men who've forgotten how to be a MAN !!

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
I agree.

It's also not like he went out and dropped 20G's on a new HD. He bought a 3K used bike. Push back a little. I know my wife spends a solid 2 grand a year on mail order crap, I don't know many women that don't spend that kind of money on shoes/other misc crap.

Grow a set and tell her the bike isn't going anywhere.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts