Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Put the stock jets back in and ride it....good place to start....unless you are a real throttle ripper, it should work pretty well....where are you located?

·
Registered
307 Posts
That’s for a 2008. I would assume they are the same, but if you pull up a carb for 2003 they aren’t offered. If they were the same wouldn’t it show available?
Months ago I ordered a new VTX1300 carb from the closest online OEM Honda warehouse I know of (Bellaire Ohio, I think). It showed available so I happily ordered it & a day or 2 after the transaction went through I got an email saying that item is no longer made/available, $$ refunded.
My understanding is that the only difference in the 2 carbs is jet size, '08 has a 190 main, '03 has a 195 main

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Same carb.

I just saw the date on this ......you’ve been dicking with this for years.
Holy crap guy, just take it to another shop.

Also, a 2003 has a fuel pump, only year. Another possible issue. Most have gotten rid of the pump when it starts to go bad vs replacement (its not becessary)
IMO, don't just start throwing parts at it, find a reputable shop.

·
Registered
84 Posts
@donk4555 "I feel your pain".

I bought a trike that was in a local shop, they've been treating the guy more or less like they're treating you...

I gave them until next Thursday to complete a 1-hour job (installing a new FPR that is PROBABLY the actual problem they couldn't cure in over 2 months and over $1,000). After that, I'll go collect it and pay the $1,200 tab, less $140 that was to be billed for the FPR install.

I'm fairly sure I can install it in 20 minutes or less.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts