Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the '03 1800C. Southeast PA area. Is there any way to find one nearby other than calling every dealer?
Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
Planet Honda in Concordville Pa. has them for $8000. It right on RT202 just before the Delaware line

·
Registered
468 Posts
Have your plan in place for how you intend to pay before going in. Then I would find a dealership I was comfortable with, tell them what you want, what the prices are that you are seeing here and let them know you would like to work with them to make it happen.

I've yet to see anyone try to dance me around with that approach.

I'm seeing ads for new '03s at around $8500 in the TC. How far from HDL's OH store are you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I'm not familiar at all with the dealers around here. Kinda new to the area. I'm ready to pay though (credit card in hand).
I'm looking for some place rather close hopefully so I can get it home easily. It's been a few years nows since my last bike and I'd feel better getting used to riding the 1800 before hauling long distance right out of the showroom.
I'll check out Planet Honda first thing Monday morning. Thanks!
I guess there isn't much chance it would fit in the back of my short-bed Chevy...??

·
Registered
915 Posts
It'll fit in your chevy with the tailgate down,no problem.GO GET ONE.You won't regret it.Especially with the half price deals :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
03 still available

They are all over ebay. You pay a down payment on ebay and settle up with the dealer selling the bike. I got my 03 4 weeks ago off of ebay in Rockinham NC for $8.5K, love it!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
RE: "Credit carrd in hand" may not work

Kev said:
Thanks for the advice. I'm not familiar at all with the dealers around here. Kinda new to the area. I'm ready to pay though (credit card in hand).
I'm looking for some place rather close hopefully so I can get it home easily. It's been a few years nows since my last bike and I'd feel better getting used to riding the 1800 before hauling long distance right out of the showroom.
I'll check out Planet Honda first thing Monday morning. Thanks!
I guess there isn't much chance it would fit in the back of my short-bed Chevy...??
Kev,

When I bought my VTX at East Coast Honda in Bensalem, PA last summer, they specifically WOULD NOT (sorrry for the all caps) allow you to use a credit card for the purchase. The reasoning was, the price was so low, they did not want to incur the 3% +/- credit card fee. It was cash or cashiers check only. Call Plant Honda before going over there is see what their policy is.

·
Registered
409 Posts
RE: Hauling VTX in the back of a pickup

joshuaX said:
It'll fit in your chevy with the tailgate down,no problem.GO GET ONE.You won't regret it.Especially with the half price deals :D
Kev,

I am not questioning joshuaX' comment about the X fitting in the back of a pick up but, this conversation took place a few months ago and others who were considering it were strongly advised against it. Maybe you can find those "threads" (or someone else on the board might find them and post the link) and read them for yourself to help you make the decision. I am sure you will get this all worked out and you'll be riding your NEW VTX in no time.

Kev,
I just found this thread about using a U-Haul M/C trailer. Thought you might want to see it.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65207

OK, it took some searching but I finally found it:
(I did my riding this morning)

Here's the thread where pick up verses trailer was discussed:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59723

OK, now I feel better! :D :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts