·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Looks very interesting Dallas.

·
Registered
783 Posts
been there, done that

I have tended bar there two or three times for my friend Rick who owns the Bad Pig saloon in Rotterdam Junction. he gets the rights to be the only vendor who sells beer there every year. It is ok, not as fun as the harley rendezvous in Duanesburg, but ok. The big difference is there are alot of patch wearing members from all clubs in the area. This event is one of the mandatory attendence events of the year. I have never seen any trouble, but the fun factor is down a lot just by every one being on their guard. I don't see it as everyone trying to out bad-ass each other, just being extra careful not to piss off the wrong club/club member in case it goes south and you find yourself outnumbered. There is H.A., and more other small clubs and prospects than I can name/remember. I did ride my X right into the beer tent so I could keep an eye on it, got lots of compliments, alot of those guys didn't even know what it was cuz it is de-badged. Jim

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
What's this Duanesburg event? I'd appreciate it if NY riders would post a calendar of events in their area.... we are always looking for a destination.... tried PA a few times and dropped a rider on each trip ... bad Karma.. :(

·
Registered
783 Posts
duanesburg, ny

Google Harley rendezvous, It is a 3 day event that you can camp out at, mostly Harleys, but alot of fun. there may be MC clubs there, but there are no colors allowed, all patches/vests, etc. are banned, so everyone can let their hari down so to speak. The atmosphere is one big party, and I have seen no problems there, just bring your sense of humor, as there is a walkway called ti--y alley where it is accepted that men will say show me your t-ts, not tats, and most girls will oblige and pose for pics. These are not hooter girls or victoria secret girls, but hey just don't look above the neck or below the nip--es!!! There are some decent sights to be seen. Live bands, Molly Hatchet was there last time I went. bike rodeos, tat contests, wet t-shirt contests, wall of death, vendors and food. some friends of mine tend bar there every year. Get your tickets early on line and cheaper. I live so close, I don't even bring my bike, bring the truck so I can sleep in back. It is not out of fear of owning a honda, as I brought the X to Am-Jam, which has the rep of being a bad place to take a Honda, but no problems there either. By the way, there are 4 main events semi locally, typically 4 weeks in a row, Am-Jam, Laconia New hampshire, Harley rendezvous, and Americade Lake George. Google them all for dates/prices.Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts