Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back someone told me about a company that will reshape your stock seat and install a gel insert for comfort. I think it was American Soft Seats but I can't seem to locate the web site. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I took my stock seat to a local auto coverer and he added more foam padding and a nice soft vinyl covering. It looks great feels great and set me back only 200 bills. I got some pics on the pic board under VTX. Hope this helps or gives you more ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the modification done at americana soft seats, it did not help any, if anything it was worse on a long haul, i contacted the company about this through E-mail, and did not receive a reply, I am now waiting for my Ultimate seat to arrive. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've posted replies on this company a couple times. I had mine done by them and noticed a big difference. The wife did too when riding two up. And, they got it back within a week. I had them do the shave down too. Plus, with the cash I saved I was able to buy more chrome. :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
just don't buy a seat from brotherspeed if you want gel seat he say his was done by amss and sold them to us we could not find a diff. when riding on them we took them apart guess what no gel in the back and very little in the front...feel like got shafted....trell

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had it done last year and noticed a difference. I also use an Airhawk air pad for longer rides than 80 miles--just to give some variation for my cheeks. For shorter rides, the AMSS seat is great.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had this mod done on my C. I noitced a big difference in comfort, but the seat was still too narrow for my wife, so sold the AMSS-modified seat to another board member and got an Ultimate. Another huge step up.

May be the R/S seats are different, but really the best option is to find someone with one and try it -- then do the same for Mustang and Ultimate.

Anything is better that the stock C seat!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I see a lot of people going to different seats or gel pads. Is the Honda VTX 1300 S, that bad for long rides? I haven't ridden mine yet. Just bought it in January and is still in storage, till I get back from vacation, on the 28th of April. Hard to believe that Honda, would put such a crummy seat on bike , that is called a cruiser. I plan on doing a lot of long trips , with my bike, some times up to 8 or 10 hours driving. Jim

B

·
0 Posts
Upstate NY Jim said:
I see a lot of people going to different seats or gel pads. Is the Honda VTX 1300 S, that bad for long rides? I haven't ridden mine yet. Just bought it in January and is still in storage, till I get back from vacation, on the 28th of April. Hard to believe that Honda, would put such a crummy seat on bike , that is called a cruiser. I plan on doing a lot of long trips , with my bike, some times up to 8 or 10 hours driving. Jim
Hi Jim,

My stock seat was as hard as a brick. It took at least 1000 miles before it softened-up a little. However, if you want to ride 8 - 10 hours a day. Do yourself a favor and get an aftermarket seat.

I would look at Mustang or Ultimate. Most of the comments regarding gel pad inserts and custom moding the stock seat have been "mixed", at best. From the comments I have read on this board. Most people, who have modded thier stock seat, eventually spend the money on a good aftermarket seat.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had the seats on my 04 Retro done and couldn't be happier.
A friendof mine had a Mustang seat and after riding mine had them redo his seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts