Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys......just wanting to know if the rumor I just heard is true. I've been told that Amsoil 10/40 Motorcycle oil has now been discontinued and replaced with 0/40 and without the Motorcycle Designation. Does anyone know if this is true. I know that there are some Amsoil Dealers on this site, and am hoping that one of them can clear this up. I am from Canada, so also, I'm wondering if it is true, is it only in Canada, or is it all over? Thanks for any input you can give me.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
bigbadbrucie said:
Hey Guys......just wanting to know if the rumor I just heard is true. I've been told that Amsoil 10/40 Motorcycle oil has now been discontinued and replaced with 0/40 and without the Motorcycle Designation. Does anyone know if this is true. I know that there are some Amsoil Dealers on this site, and am hoping that one of them can clear this up. I am from Canada, so also, I'm wondering if it is true, is it only in Canada, or is it all over? Thanks for any input you can give me.
I just checked the Amsoil home page. The NEW price sheet has 10-40.
Nothing that I've read said anything about dropping that line.
Hope that helps. I'm sure others will chime in also. :D
Mark

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Nope, not true. Picking up all my AMSOIL stuff this afternoon from a local AMSOIL dealer. They still make the motorcycle oil, but it's supposed to be better and won't hurt the wet clutch. Correct me if I'm wrong AMSOIL guy's.

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
They are dropping the old 10/40 bike oil for a new "Improved" 10/40 bike oil(Improved=more expensive). The old oil is $6.15 a qt, new is $8.05 a qt. You can still get the old stuff until it runs out. 8)

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Spike how much is the 10/40 auto oil now ??

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Thanks Spike , Just wanted to clarifier that $6.15 is the new price for the standard 10/40. I think I'll stick with the old oil ,plenty good for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts