Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall a post regarding riders having the hondaline windshield with the hondaline lightbar having a rattle noise on windy days.Anyway i have like a rattle noise seemingly coming from up front and cant quite figure the source .Anyone have a similar noise?Mr.T

·
Registered
740 Posts
I heard the same thing today. I just did the 600 mile oil, filter, & final drive gear oil change, inspected the valves, and all fluids. Valves were right at spec. All fluids good. Removed the pair valve while I had her apart. Took her down the road to fill up the tank and heard some kind of "rattling" noise that sounded like it was coming from the front. Doesn't happen all the time. When I got to the gas station I did a push-pull on everything up front, and couldn't find anything loose. Didn't find anything when I got home either. I think I may have read something in this forum about headlights, or headlight brackets making the noise? BTW when I had the tank off, doing the inspection, I found alot of hoses and wires that were not "neatened up", or in their clamps. Also a few loose fasteners that I tightened up. Let me know what you find.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Have you guys checked to make sure its not the speedo cover..mine rattled like crazy until I got some 10c O-rings (7) from Home Depot and put them between the cover and the tank! Now...quiet!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks Rickster & Joeface, I'll check that stuff out in the daylight tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
headlight rattle

take the 3 screws out of bottom of the headlight pull bottom out unhook the top place small piece of rubber on the hook and reinstall

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This sound was like gravel being spun up and around the inside of the front fender almost like a cement mixer sound as it revolves.Acouple of times i ducked down lower totally behind my windshield and i couldnt hear it.Any one with that to describe that noise?Thanks-Mr.T

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mr.T said:
This sound was like gravel being spun up and around the inside of the front fender almost like a cement mixer sound as it revolves.Acouple of times i ducked down lower totally behind my windshield and i couldnt hear it.Any one with that to describe that noise?Thanks-Mr.T
Do you have a retro? If so mine does that at times if I pick up a gravel in the front tire. It can bounce around quite awhile until it finally falls out. The first time this happened I didn't know what was happening. Sounded like it was beating things to death.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts