Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pick up my new "S" on Fri. or Sat.
I want to get a rest on it right away but the potential exists to change out the seat at a later date.
What kind of rest should I look at in regard to the seat "change out" ?
('Thought I read where some backrest don't work with certain seats)
The seat probably will be an Ultimate or Mustang.
'Don't want to buy another rest later.
Thanks,
Mossy Beard

·
Registered
481 Posts
most aftermarket seat companies have there own backrest. usually when you buy one to go with your stock seat chances are it won't work with other aftermarket seat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the same question before I took possession of my New S. After a lot of consideration and looking at many seating options, I elected to go with the new Corbin dual seat with one back rest. I can interchange it from front to back in 10 seconds. The seat is very comfortable for me. I am 6 ft. tall 185 pounds. I personally don't like the look of sissy bars and tall back rest. Of course that is a matter of choice. This back rest serves the purpose for either the rider or the passenger. If I were going to be riding two up most of the time, I would probably want more behind the passenger than just this backrest however, I ride 90% of the time alone. I had the new seat installed before I ever picked up the bike. I have loved it every day since. Just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.
Mossy Beard

·
Registered
703 Posts
Honda brand backrests work with Mustangs. I have the Honda standard low w/ a Mustang 2 piece. Cobra also works with Mustang. I like the looks of the Cobra Short with the Mustang. Don't know which you are considering, but I would consider selling or trading my Honda low for a Cobra Short.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts