Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I went w/Mobil 1 5w-40 @ just under $20 @ Wallyworld fer 5 quarts & seein' how they ain't got no rear gear earl that I could find I topped it off w/some Penzoil marine lower unit lube that was discontinued/on sale fer 32 bits O' quart........................

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both 100% synthetic. Couldn't pass up the bargain. Don't ya figger da Pen is better than the stock?

·
Registered
301 Posts
personally i do not like penn/quaker state or castrol anything. go to an advance auto parts, auto zone or even some napa's to get the Mobil-1 75-90 for the diff.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Penzoil synthetic marine lower unit oil is just fine its a API GL 5 75W-90.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I think a lot of people worry too much about what oil to use. I've never heard of anyone having problems related to any certain oil except for the occasional syn made my clutch slip statement. I don't use syn so I don't even have that too worry about.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
API GL 5 75W-90.
Ya know that's right.
Speakin' of the "it made my clutch slip" I'll know soon as there happens 2 be a steep hill handy that I can run the gal up 2 105-110, shift in2 5th & bang 'er wfot. Before the syn change she'd lurch tryin' 2 come out from under me. We'll see if the song remains the same..................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts