Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What people will go thru to change an air filter is just amazing.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Clean that nasty thing will ya? Thats just like getting at the filter on my Vstrom. The engineers just dont get it do they?

Show

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Gold Wing is a PITA to change the air filter. Mother Honda says to change the air filter every 12,000 miles. Yeah, right. The entire top shelter has to be removed, plus the seat. I don't know what the dealer charges for this service, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it ain't cheap.

This one has 25,xxx miles on it.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Out of curiosity i checked on the flat rate for the Wing air filter change. Book say about 2.5 hours. :mrgreen:

My Multi is a PITA too. Almost the entire front fairing and seat/tank need to be removed. Book say 1.5 hours but with practice its about 45 minutes including the filter change.

The rest of the bike is extremely simple to service. :dontknow: I can even change the cam belts quicker.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2.5 hours, eh? Well that sounds about right. It took me two hours the first time but still takes me an hour and a half. Must be a slow learner. ;)

It helps (a lot) if you're changing one when it's WARM outside.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm impressed you kept a bike long enough to put 25,000 miles on it. :rolleyes:

I did not think you kept them for over six months.. :yikes:

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm impressed you kept a bike long enough to put 25,000 miles on it. :rolleyes:

I did not think you kept them for over six months.. :yikes:
Yeah, true enough. So far, I've been able to buy a bike, ride it for a season and get all my money back. My lovely wife makes sure that I furnish receipts..... Well, not that she doesn't trust me..... :shock:

The Road King had about 32,xxx on it. The Wing is right at 30,xxx. Both of these were HER bikes - I'm just the pilot. Looks like the Wing will be staying. Not that I haven't tried to convince her otherwise. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, Miss Ginny would be concerned if it was replaced. However he would have some "splainin" to do to this little girl as well
Aaaaahhhhh yes - the Couch Rocket Rider.

Did you know that my Gold Wing was voted "Most Comfortable to Text From" in 2008 ??? :dontknow:

Couch:
A couch is an upholstered item of furniture for the comfortable seating of more than one person and typically has an armrest on either side. Couches are usually to be found in the family room, living room, den, lounge, or on a Honda Dealer's showroom. They are covered in a variety of textiles or in leather.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Naked!
OMG!

someone needs to cover that up! Thats just NASTY!

:yikes: That's just against all decency! for the love of cycling what is this world coming too?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, but if you don't change them...
You just need more equipment. I have three of these. While not absolutely necessary, you should get the "extra-large" variety.......

They are EATING MACHINES. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
886 Posts
What's funny to me is the word "TOP" is written upside down. :thumbup:
If the picture is upside down, then "TOP" would be written on the bottom. :lol:

Just and observation. What do I know. :p

·
Registered
5,664 Posts

.......................Thats a reference to the direction of which way the filter lays in the box. IE, the TOP being inside the box, or as in this case, outside of the box. Think of the filter as being submerged in water and floating. Top being Top in the water..............................Filters have flow characteristics just like our furnace filters.

My Suzi is the same way, and the bonehead who owned it before me had the filter flipped outside to inside.........................Jezzzzzzzzzz!

Show

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey Good,

It's going...uh...good. :lol:

Weather is cold here. The car don't like it. The bike is put away for awhile.
We got a ton of snow over the weekend. :shock:

I hope all is well there in Missouri.

·
Registered
435 Posts

well do a handstand then you can read it and if you look towards the handlebars it'll STILL be the "top":joke:

·
Registered
435 Posts
You just need more equipment. I have three of these. While not absolutely necessary, you should get the "extra-large" variety.......

They are EATING MACHINES. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I've GOT one of those "eating machines" But I really dont think she would eat THAT!! YUK

1 - 19 of 19 Posts