Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made the purchase Sat. "New" 07 1800 spec 3. Had to go across the mountain to get it...but its now home safe and sound. :doorag:
I bleed Kawi green and have a shop full of them. And truth be known I would have snagged up the new Vulcan...but I had to have the tires on the floor by the 31st to get a tax deduction.
But I got to tell you the VTX is a awesome piece :thumbup: Hard to believe that they stopped making them but that is the MC business..they hardly ever do things that make sense :confused:
Also great to have one of the last made in America bikes :bowdown:
Looks like a great site I look forward to learning and contributing.
Gary

·
Old Grumpy Member
1,102 Posts
Gary, Welcome to our fun and sometimes INSANE club. Hope you have many trouble free miles on the ride. :congrats:-------Larry

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just made the purchase Sat. "New" 07 1800 spec 3. Had to go across the mountain to get it...but its now home safe and sound. :doorag:
I bleed Kawi green and have a shop full of them. And truth be known I would have snagged up the new Vulcan...but I had to have the tires on the floor by the 31st to get a tax deduction.
But I got to tell you the VTX is a awesome piece :thumbup: Hard to believe that they stopped making them but that is the MC business..they hardly ever do things that make sense :confused:
Also great to have one of the last made in America bikes :bowdown:
Looks like a great site I look forward to learning and contributing.
Gary
Welcome
Hard to believe it my self,I bought mine in May,Now I wish I whent another way of what bike I bought,,I am afraid that the vtx price going to fall down to nothing.
Bruce:congrats:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am afraid that the vtx price going to fall down to nothing.
Well thats one thing that my years in the seat have taught me...buy the bike you want because you WILL take it in the shorts trading or selling it. :yikes:
So I always look at it like you cant sell it so you might as well just keep it and mod the crap out of it :shock:
Hardest thing for me is I probably wont be able to ride until May with my snow :roll:
Gary

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
Gary, Big Welcome from Fla!! Enjpoy the X :congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I probably wont be able to ride until May with my snow

Welcome to the board. That sucks about the snow. I wouldn't know. 4 of us rode Friday for about 4 hours in short sleeve t-shirts and jeans. It was nice to see all the bikes out in the warm weather Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. We are looking about moving the business and the Fla panhandle is looking pretty good. I would say its for the favorable tax climate but the riding weather....nice 8).
I will post snow pics when I get enough posts.
Gary

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcome & :congrats:

·
Old Goat
26,218 Posts
Welcome , this place is
:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
We are looking about moving the business and the Fla panhandle is looking pretty good. I would say its for the favorable tax climate but the riding weather....nice 8).
Gary

Hell yeah, Florida panhandle is a great place. We vacation there during the summer a lot. Usually in Destin or Pensacola.

·
Registered
205 Posts
And another Welcome. I might add that our site sponsor, Direct Line Parts, has some great prices and does price matching on the accessories and modifications that you will inevitability be doing to the new X. Really good people to do business with.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered:grin:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts