Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had my black '04 1300C for a couple of weeks now and just wanted to say hi to everyone on the board and thanks for all the great info. I don't know if others have noticed this, but almost everytime I start searching for a specific topic, I see something else interesting and then something else and before I know it, I've logged a couple hours on the board. It's awesome!!!

My previous bike was a '96 Magna... great bike but there were some things I just didn't like about it, so I started looking around and just couldn't find anything I liked better than the VTX1300 (including Harleys that were at least twice the price). I got the last '04 in the dealer showroom for a great price and so far, I'm loving it. Now to find the money to add all the accessories I want :D. My cruisercustomizing.com wish list seems to grow every day. :D

I'm located in Cary, NC (near Raleigh). I'll try to get a sig and avatar on my profile soon.

Ride safe,
Jeff

·
Registered
549 Posts
welcome aboard

welcome Xman, post a pic when you find time. and congrats on picking the best color available.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome Aboard. it's always great to have another North Carolina Rider.
I'm over in Kernersville, N.C. (near Winston Salem)

This IS an awsome board and everyone on it is willing to help.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
wecome to the family.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome. There's a wealth of information to be had here on anything dealing with the VTX and you'll meet some of the greatest people.

Keep me in mind if you ever want to see how the Mustang seat sits or how the Kewlmetal risers feel because I'm close by. But if you want to see the Kewlmetal risers, make it quick. I'm fixing to change my bars out in the next week or so.

BTW. I work in the Raleigh/Garner area and drive my bike to work daily, well almost, if you'd like to check anything out on it.

Again, welcome.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the offer. I actually just ordered a set of Thinman risers based on the recommendations of several on this board. I'm close to 6'3" and really didn't like the fact that the Kewlmetal risers actually lower the bars... my mirrors are already at the highest angle they will go and if the bars are any lower, I don't think I would be happy.

I've already pretty much made up my mind that a Mustang seat is the way to go, so I've put in my order with matman (a fellow board member). I would really like to hear the bigshots in person on a 1300, though. Like a lot of other folks on the board, I'm trying to decide which way to go with the pipes.

After you change out your bars, I wouldn't mind checking that out, too, in case the thinman risers don't work for me. Which bars and risers are you going with?

Ride safe,
Jeff

·
Registered
456 Posts
After you change out your bars, I wouldn't mind checking that out, too, in case the thinman risers don't work for me. Which bars and risers are you going with?
I'm going to go with 1800R bars and risers. I was going to go with 1300R and as a matter of fact, I have 1300R risers on the way but I also have the 1800R risers on the way as well. From what I've learned, I think :? I'll be more pleased with the 1800R setup. I'm just waiting on confirmation on bars and then I'm all set.

I'll let you know when I get it all done. Should be a couple of weeks, 3 tops.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome on board the board. I've been here for about a month and already have an Associates Degree in VTX Trivia and Technology. :lol:
But really, this is a great board and I'm glad to be a small part of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts