Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG another newbie, Thought I would introduce myself as the New guy Hauss4069. I'm new to the "street" bike scene. I've been playing in the dirt for the last 34years. Now that I can't hardly get out of bed in the mornings. My wife thought I should start pleasure riding instead of "playing in the dirt." I'm hoping the street crowd is as much fun as the racing crowd. I'm looking forward to this new dimension of my life, and hope to meet some of you someday. I don't know how in-depth you get in this forum, so I'll stop rambling.
I apologize ahead of time, if I ask to many stupid questions in the future. But I have to get it out of my system now. I just purchased a new 03 VTX 1800 C. And I've put 200 miles on it and two days and it's killing me having it stock. So I'm looking at some upgrades. First and for most, is the EXHAUST, what is up with the semi looking exhaust on this bike. IT has to go, I'm looking at the V&D Big Shot? I believe it's called. What is the general thought of these pipes? I don't want to be called HD wannabe. I just want some good sound, but not silly loud. And will I have to remap the black box? I don't know what you call it. That's what we called it on our race quads. And opinions good or bad will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Welcome to the family!!!!
:beer2: :beer2: :beer3: :beer3:

CW

·
Registered
931 Posts
welcome i think you will find most of the people are pretty cool and have some common sense. i myself would look at upgrading to some ultimate seats and vance and hines pipes are good pipes. i have cobra slashcuts which came on my bike which are ok too of course i took the baffles out. none of us are trying to be hd wannabees. i would have bought a harley if thats what i wanted. i dont get caught up in that stupid stuff. i respect whatever a person wants to ride.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
welcome, im from wisconsin, I will be riding this weekend if you want to meet up at doyles you can see my V&H pipes, and check them out. I have the 2003 1800 retro, so the pipes look, and sound a little different, but you never now whos going to come with, if skinny comes with he has the c modle with the V&H and will get to hear both. No HD wannabes here, we like the best, wont settle for a infearer bike.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Welcome! If you can make some of our Two Wheel Tuesdays (TWT) you will be able to hear all kinds of different exhausts, intakes, seat and pretty much anything you're thinking of getting :D . Where abouts in IL are you?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome, you will find great people with great help throughout IL (Oh yea those behind the cheddar curtain SEEM to be good guys too :D )

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
Welcome to the board!
Bookmark this website, http://tech.vtxoa.com This is the sister site to this message board and contains all your How-to/Tips/Tricks/Why’s and links to other helpful sites for your new VTX.
There is also a helpful red Search icon at the top of every page(not the Google search). Enter your item to be searched in the "Search Query" section and click the "Search for all terms" bullet under the query. Then go to the "Search Options" section and choose a board from the "Forum" drop down menu. This will limit the results to your search so you won't get pages of "Fluff" .

The pupose of the "Search" is to offer a member the opportunity to research his/her question better. There is so much information from past threads that you may never see because that member is no longer here, or doesn't see your new post, or just won't respond to the same question. So use it to your advantage and enjoy the board! View this funny and informative film about posting and searching…
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf

Also, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum. At the top of every board there are threads that are tagged as "Sticky" These threads are "Sticky" because they contain very important/valuable information about the VTX and everyone should read them.
The thread at the top of the 1800 tech board called, "Air, Fuel, Motors..." will answer most of the performance questions...
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28918

Also, update your Profile to include what type X you have to your Signature line. I.E. 1300/1800/C/F/N/R/S.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Welcome to the family we have first class bunch of WIVO guys here .

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome from Maine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where are the TWT gatherings located. If at all possible I'll make a few of the events.
And PLEASE don't take it that I meant that WE want to be like HD riders. Every friend I have that rides has one of those 800 lb vibrating thingys, and I'm going to get bashed to the end of time. I purchased what I felt is the best and biggest cruiser on the road. I've been riding Hondas since I was 7. Won't ride or race anything else.
So Please dont' take affence.

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
Hauss4069 said:
Where are the TWT gatherings located. If at all possible I'll make a few of the events.
We move them around every week so everybody gets a chance to have a TWT near their house. Check the board for them each Wednesday or Thursday. 8)

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I have alot of HD friends, and I dont like to bash other bikes. I to got the bike I felt was the best, and didnt have to pay for less, but I will ride with all bikers. Everyone must buy what they feel is right. I just wanted the american made bike that was built the best, so I got the VTX. :D :shock: :twisted:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts