Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I got back from work, I parked my bike in the garage and 15 minutes later I noticed some antifreeze on the floor. It was about 2 inches of diameter, right from the rear tire. I checked the hoses and they looked ok but I think the plastic container has a small crack where the seam is, I am not sure I will lift the bike to take a better look.
So I wonder, if that is the case, would it be covered by the extended warranty or no.

Do you have any suggestions?

I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had about 500 miles on the bike at the time. I could not tell where it was leaking from so I started tightening clamps and sure enough 2 were loose. I tightened and no more problems.

I hope your tank is not cracked.

Good luck

RattlerX

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
That has become semi-common. Something flips up from the road and cracks the plastic. Several guys on here have fabricated a small aluminum plate to protect the plastic from the bottom. I doubt it is covered by warranty if it is from road debris but it depends on how cool your dealer is and how long you've had it. If not and you are handy I would buy the resevior and replace it youself , adding some protection at the same time. Good Luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
First startup this spring, I was leaking also. I had a loose hose clamp after the bikes first winter. No problems since tightening it up.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Could be something flew up from road & cracked tank(common problem) or it could be simple overflow, I think the hose routes in front of rear tire? Also as above post stated it is VERY common to have to tighten up hoses. One of mine was leaking when I did my 500 mile oil change......... :D Rod

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If you checked the hoses by looking at them definetly try tightening them first. My forward clamp by the radiator leaked once but all it took was a turn of the screwdriver.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just lifted the bike and it is a small crack beside the tank seam.
I do not know if order the plastic tank which is around $10 and do it myself or just take it to the dealer and let them do it, I will think about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts