Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, anyone got any road trips planned for this year yet?

Since my child support ends this year :pepper1: as my son is going into the Airforce in Jan, and My oldest graduates in May , at the end of May, Becky and I are going to celebrate by flying out to California for 7 to 10 days and renting :blkc: to ride around out there. No way points or itinerary yet. Any suggestions from the galley?

Would rather ride cross country but don't have enough time to get there. Checked into shipping the bike out and back but renting from Eagle riders was cheapest way to go. Also checked into shipping by Amtrack... that was a joke... you would think that they would have something easy set up..:confused: oh never mind..

I don't have any other ideas of where to ride this year.. :dontknow: So what do any of the rest of you have planned or are thinking about?

·
Registered
773 Posts
What part of California? Pam and I are planning a run to Arizona, along with one to Upstate N.Y. Also have a run up to Northern Iowa planned. Check on MC events in the area you will be visiting. Don and Pam

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LA, north, east and then south back to LA.. Will check for events, but our main interest will be sightseeing as much as possible. Since it is our first time, the bigs things will be on the list, such as the Golden Gate bridge, Yosemite National Park, the Redwoods, Napa valley.. Got California tourist info coming..

·
Registered
773 Posts
Stop by Las Vegas if you have never been there. If you get to the Hard Rock in Vegas, Look for a VTX parked outside. Bartender there rides. Don

·
Registered
599 Posts
myself and my riding bud from work are heading to the mc museum in Ohio in either May or June, so if anyone wants to tag along ....lmk...and then we are looking at Delmarva bike weekDelmarva Bike Weekk in salibury MD in septThe AMA's Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum...and whatever else falls into the works along the way............Dallas

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Dallas ... If you are into MC museum pieces... stop by here and I'll show you our resident MC museum artifact... we call it a 'Cool Ed'. Very old, lots of miles on it, but still mostly stock....

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Let's not forget our Old Relic Siggy, too. I don't know whom would be more of a Relic though... Cool Ed or Siggy :dontknow: :dontknow: :yikes:

·
Registered
599 Posts
damb, didnt know you had anything of interest up there. Tros, how come you didnt tell me when I was there....sounds like I'll have to make a trip up there and check it out for myself......Dallas

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
C'mon up, we can set up the "old guy" showcase, then go have a beer and laugh with/at them. Too bad Siggy can't fend for himself, still hasn't been able to get logged on the new site. Oh well, happens when you get 80+ years old. Soon Cool Ed will be forgetting who the hell "Ed" is, and just go by "Cool" :dontknow:. Beer: $2.50. Cheeseburger: $5.00. Grilled Ham & Cheese: $3.50. Talking to the Cool One @ noon, and getting him to admit that he's still in his robe: priceless :lol::lol::lol::lol:.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
So how many "Poles" do we think are
stickin' outta The Cool 1's ROBE...:yikes: :crew:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Don't ask that kind of question if you're afraid of the answer.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts