Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought myself a Shark 250 amp audio system for Christmas and while speaking with my mechanic I was advised that the electrical system on my VTX 1300C may not be powerful enough to support the audio system. He felt that I may be looking at damage to the computer/general electrical system which might leave me stranded at the very least and long term damage at worst. I've been sold on the system from what I continue to read on this site but wanted to put it out to the group, ANYONE WITH ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THE SHARK PLEASE RESPOND ASAP! Thank you:yikes:

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I bought myself a Shark 250 amp audio system for Christmas and while speaking with my mechanic I was advised that the electrical system on my VTX 1300C may not be powerful enough to support the audio system. He felt that I may be looking at damage to the computer/general electrical system which might leave me stranded at the very least and long term damage at worst. I've been sold on the system from what I continue to read on this site but wanted to put it out to the group, ANYONE WITH ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THE SHARK PLEASE RESPOND ASAP! Thank you:yikes:
The power draw from the bike is not much, it only requires a 5A fuse, NO WORRIES nojoke

1. One of my speakers began to vibrate and the speaker grill flew off in the fast lane of a 4 lane divided highway at about 70 mph, I went back to look for it after eating lunch, it flew off onto the shoulder and was virtually unharmed.
2. The unit is a bit ugly

It sounds pretty good for the price though.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I installed one on the wife's Vstar 650 in February of this year. She loves it, I think it really kicks some cool sounds out and no problems yet. Now over the long haul I could not tell you.

It also helps to know if you are pulling power for anything else also. There is some room to play with but you can over do it. Most run light bars, fairings with sound systems, shark audios, heated gear, or heated seats, or a hold smorgasbord of other things. They are not all run at once but a few runs several different things.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It only operates at 100w full volume the other 150w circuit would operate the subwoofer which I assume you are not using. I have my 250w shark wired to my pigtail for my battery tender, When I unplug my battery tender I then plug my wire from the amp which leads direct to the battery. I then run my satilite radio or Ipod at high volume 90% of the time. I have had mine for 2 years and no problem caused of anykind.:vtx18:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts