Honda VTX Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

· Registered
3,366 Posts
Hi Eric! Hope all is well.

It is raining and 60 down here so it must be snowing and 30 there?

I picked up an '04 GL18ABS a few years ago. I just putt around the neighborhood with it now 'adays. My rear end can't handle the ironbutt rides we used to do...
I haven't ridden in 5 years now.... Injured my back really bad at the FD and won't ever be able to ride again... I truly miss it!!!!

· Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm still here and check in on occasion. Still have the '03 Blurple 1800c though not riding so much now.
Have I already replied to this thread???

· Registered
1,132 Posts
I haven't ridden in 5 years now.... Injured my back really bad at the FD and won't ever be able to ride again... I truly miss it!!!!
I am so very sorry to hear this!

· Registered
7,827 Posts
Yes, I'm that OLD TIMER that will likely dance on your grave. :p! I'm still around and still posting here even though this site isn't nearly as :cool: cool as it once was. You still doing graphics?

· Registered
364 Posts
I don't consider myself an old timer , bunch of guys that have been here from the very beginning , but I'm still here too .
Totaled my first X 1800 on my way to Mexico . I like X so much , I got me another one with low miles . Trying to make it my own now like I did with the first one , but the aftermarket parts are very hard to find these days .

· Registered
13,060 Posts
Any of the oldtimers still around? been gone for awhile and thought I'd check in.

DAWG
Yep- I still check in from time to time.
Happy New Year! and Merry ALL the Holidays!

· Registered
256 Posts
Aldo here. Still check in once in a while. I especially like to see someone else getting called old. Moved down to central IL, near Starved Rock. It's nice here. When I make time to ride, I get to ride instead of sitting is Cook Country traffic.

· Registered
1,468 Posts
Wow, David, glad to see you are still around! I hope you're not one of the people in Texas without power and that you are staying safe!
As far as me, I had a nasty accident on 9/11 of 2018, I t-boned a car that had pulled across my path while I was on Johnsburg Road at the intersection of Sunset Road in Spring Grove. Totaled the 2007 Goldwing that I had bought just a year before and only had 11,000 miles on it. Then I got a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT because due to the accident I couldn't operate a clutch or grip anything with strength with my left hand but that ended up being the most uncomfortable bike I had ever ridden so first last year February I bought a used 2004 H-D Fatboy and since my wife loved to ride on the back seat of that bike we ended up trading the Wing in on a 2020 H-D Ultra Limited and I have to say, with the Milwaukee 8 114 c.i. counterbalanced engine it is one of the most comfortable bikes I have ridden since I had my 1998 1500 Goldwing.

· Registered
7 Posts
Wow, David, glad to see you are still around! I hope you're not one of the people in Texas without power and that you are staying safe!
As far as me, I had a nasty accident on 9/11 of 2018, I t-boned a car that had pulled across my path while I was on Johnsburg Road at the intersection of Sunset Road in Spring Grove. Totaled the 2007 Goldwing that I had bought just a year before and only had 11,000 miles on it. Then I got a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT because due to the accident I couldn't operate a clutch or grip anything with strength with my left hand but that ended up being the most uncomfortable bike I had ever ridden so first last year February I bought a used 2004 H-D Fatboy and since my wife loved to ride on the back seat of that bike we ended up trading the Wing in on a 2020 H-D Ultra Limited and I have to say, with the Milwaukee 8 114 c.i. counterbalanced engine it is one of the most comfortable bikes I have ridden since I had my 1998 1500 Goldwing.

View attachment 185638
what a beautiful bike! What did you do with the Bushtec Trailer? I rarely ride any, and rarely get by here. Not busy, but busy. Miss y'all

· Registered
7 Posts
Butter Pecan at Carters Burger in Bryan, TX. But I have found a new love: Salted Caramel !
This is not a bike riding part of the world. There are, however, tens of thousands of Texas A&M college students on scooters. (I'm in College Station for the last half-dozen years.)
Sad to admit: the Wing hasn't moved out of its parking spot in more than a year. Needs tires and I just can't be bothered to spend the $$. I'm so close to retirement, that might free up some time...

· Registered
865 Posts
I haven’t checked this site in many a year! Although having just endured ankle surgery I am finding that I have a lot more idle time on the long road to recovery. D’oh!

I still have my ‘03 1800R and don’t think I will ever part with it. But it hasn’t gotten ridden much since I added an FJR to the stable last year.

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Cloud

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,915 Posts
Nice steeds...
What you have done to ankle.
Currently rehabbing also.
GL with recovery.
Oh. WELCOME BACK....

· Registered
865 Posts
Thanks buddy. I had a brostrom procedure done Tuesday in an attempt to correct the chronic ankle instability I have in the joint which inevitably leads to recurrent ankle sprains from the lax ligaments. I have gotten so good at randomly folding my ankles stepping on the smallest objects.

Six weeks before I can even bear any weight on it.

You’re rehabbing your ankle?

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,915 Posts
Thanks buddy. I had a brostrom procedure done Tuesday in an attempt to correct the chronic ankle instability I have in the joint which inevitably leads to recurrent ankle sprains from the lax ligaments. I have gotten so good at randomly folding my ankles stepping on the smallest objects.

Pm sent.
That was 3 years ago for me.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts