Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a deal on a Hankook 205-55-R16 and am considering doing this... but I can't decide which bike to try it on....... my 1800R or my Valk I/S (both take the same size tires).

Any other Pa VTX Riders go to the Dark Side???

·
Registered
370 Posts
tire

i saw a few of the ny bikes that i met at the m and g in bloomsburg i want to do the same thing in the winter though i looks cool and they love the tire let me know how it works
fred from philly

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
it just seems wrong.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've been to the Northside. Does that count?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
PITVTX said:
I've been to the Northside. Does that count?

LMAO!!!

That was funny. :lol:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
bobo116 said:
DO IT! All us NY boys have them on... after ten miles, you will not feel the Difference. It's cheaper, it last longer, and the ride feels about the same. DO IT!! DO IT!! Do IT!!!!

LOOK how BEDAZZ that looks...

To each their own, but it looks out of place (if you are going on LOOKS alone).

I think this looks so much better...

·
Registered
615 Posts
I like my car tire. I have over 5k on it now, and it shows very little wear, but it does take some getting used to. With some coaxing I can scrape floor boards on either side so I guess it corners as well as the X will allow. It definitely follows ruts and uneven road surfaces but all that is a minor nuisance and has been hashed out on the boards many times and it does not bother me at all. No question it has more traction wet or dry.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sskillett said:
bobo116 said:
DO IT! All us NY boys have them on... after ten miles, you will not feel the Difference. It's cheaper, it last longer, and the ride feels about the same. DO IT!! DO IT!! Do IT!!!!

LOOK how BEDAZZ that looks...

To each their own, but it looks out of place (if you are going on LOOKS alone).

I think this looks so much better...

Yea, but I would be doing it either on the 1800 Retro or the Valk, both of which have lower fenders where it's not all that visable... but still visable if your looking from behind....and looking low.

Here is a 205 on a Retro.....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Just to let you guys know, I am basing my opinion on looks alone, no matter how it rides or handles.

But again...it is just an opinion. :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I should have my tire tomarrow, 2 months & 5000 miles on a $140 tire is just not exceptable. I opted for the kumho. Let you know how it works out!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Took a walk on the dark side yesterday. I had the day off & with all the rain in the area, I decided to take the plunge. The change over was pretty uneventful, except for getting the bead to seal enough to take air. then had to run the air up to about 100psi to get the bead to pop into place. Wasn't to far out of balance, and was able to use the original wieght to accomplish the task. Now it's time to try it out.

Rick

·
Registered
403 Posts
darkside

Hi Rick
What size tire did you put on your 1300r and what was the brand?
3 tires and 18k don't add up ! Plus tax too :lol:
later
rob

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the Kumho Power star 165/80-15 $48 + tax from a local dealer. Took it for a short ride this morning, and I'm sold! The ride seems alot more solid, and tar snakes don't exist anymore. Even excellarated on them in a hard turn, and nothing, no slipage at all. The only thing I did notice was in transition from a hard right to a hard left (or visa versa) you feel a little movement in the sidewall. Really put them to the test, though not very long (75miles?) and feel very comfortable with them!

·
Registered
403 Posts
darkside

Thanks for that Rick. Now to find a tire place crazy enough to mount it !!
I got a couple of ideas, maybe if I by the tire there they will mount...
Rob

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Rob, how'd you make out with that tire? I've got about 800 miles on mine now, and I love it. It is alittle different handling, but not a bad thing. Took a ride Mon. Hit RT6 at kane and followed 6 to Wellsboro. Great ride. I found that when you do lock up that rear tire, that loud bawl will wake you up! I was in downtown Coudersport when i was distracted by a great looking pedestrian and had to make a panic stop. :oops:

Rick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts