Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
I'm planning on going an a trip i've always wanted to go on at the end of May... From Ohio to California.
I was wondering if I'll have problems in the higher elevations in Colorado???? Anyone from around an ohio elevation ever go into colorado????? If so did ya have any probs.
I'm running an '04 1300c model and love it, best bike in the world!!!!!!!
Also looking for sight seeing info, places to eat ect... along the way.. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanky,
Steve

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I've ridden my 1300S from sea level, Seattle, to up around 7000 feet in yellowstone and noticed no difference at all in performance or milage. 8)

·
Registered
171 Posts
One of the advantages of a Keihin carb is its tolerance of altitude changes. You should have no problem. Now if you had an S&S, that is a different story.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Summer of 03, a buddy and I rode all over colorado, went over Indenpendence Pass 14,000 ft. No problem. The only problem you will have is keeping you eyes on the road. We both live in Amarillo
elevation about 3600 ft.

·
Registered
135 Posts
live in Las Vegas, NV elev about 2200' on avg..No problems..rode to Calif a couple of times over the Sierra Nevadas and also to Amarillo, TX through ABQ with no problems..power seemed the same no matter what..

·
Registered
455 Posts
ride over the Sierra all the time -- no problems at all with altitude -- get up to about 7800 ft there..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts