Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of these pipes, especially with the serrated heat shields, however, the sound on their web site doesn't really excite me, not much different than stock. I was wondering if anyone local had them so I could hear them. Otherwise, if you have them, do they really sound like this . . .
http://www.roadhousebrand.com/Merchant2/soundclips/honda1300.wav
Thanks ! !

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
They are at least 3 or 4 times louder then stock, they have a great cruising speed rumble and get pretty loud when you crank it open, but they are not obnoixious. People will here you comeing. Just cruising in town I will see heads turning at about 100 feet or so before reaching them. I am not at all disapointed in my choice.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Roadhouse

That sound clip sounds like [email protected]$. I just installed these on my wifes 800 Drifter. They look and sound awesome. Very deep sound, deeper than my HK 3's. Quality is very good. The only thing I don't like about them on the 1300 is they hang down well below the swingarm, they don't do this on the Drifter. Quality is very good and the serrated heat shields look awesome. These are not a one piece pipe. They come with the head pipes, heatshields, 2 into 1 collector and muffler all separate. You kind of have to build them as you go, not hard though. The heatshield over the 2 into 1 collector is held on with hose clamps and so is the lower part of the head pipe heat shield. I'm not a big fan of thing's being held on with hose clamps but this look's pretty functional. I ordered mine through Cruiser Customizing, it took over a month to get them. I was told Roadhouse makes these pipes as they get orders.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm happy to hear that sound clip is way off. I can't imagine why they use it.
Thanks for the input. That is what I wanted to hear (pardon the pun!) :p

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Roadhouse

That sound clip sounds like an 1800. These pipes should sound completely different on a 1300. They do sound awesome on my wifes 800 Drifter. Louder than stock but not obnoxious like my HK's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts