Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SUPPOSED to get my cobra fatty freeway bars today and have the kurry 1.5" clamps, Kurry offsets and Kurry retro male mount pegs to put on the bars.

Any tips on mounting the clamps to the bars and adjustments? I guess im looking for thoughts on would it hurt to use 2" wide blue masking tape. On the bars then mount the clamps over the tape so as if i need to reposition i dont damage the chrome? If i do that will it hurt to leave the tape on under the clamps?

Any other tips would be appreciated. Looking forward to getting the new location to put my feet. Will post photos when im done.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked

Cobrausa.com and they dont show them for a C........ Dont think they make them yet for yours... guess its a RETRO thing....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Dave,

Has anyone tried using the Kuryakyn magnum quick clamps and off-set pegs directly onto the downtubes of the Retro? Is the angle wrong for this application? I'm still bummed about those highway pegs mounts...

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wouldnt see why not...

except for the angle of mounting. and might need to extend out some...

I went to pick them up this afternoon cut out of work an hour early to install..... guess what they transposed order numbers and they shipped the 1.25" bars.......... geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeee

the correct ones should now be there tomorrow afternoon..... Got my clamps and offsets all ready to go and i thought it looked SMALL!

that is my week in a nut shell waiting for parts... waiting and waiting hope the PCIII shows its ugly face tomorrow also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts