Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much says it all,
Does anyone here ride a trike ?
Mine is a '06 1800c with a Champion Trikes conversion.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Had a '04 Goldwing Trike with California Sidecar conversion when my wife was sick with breast cancer. It was much more comfortable for her and she hated to hear my bike fire up and not be able to ride. She actually rode it herself when she felt better. When she got to where she could do neither, I sold it.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Beautiful trikes fellas! I have always thought they were pretty cool. I rode one a bit (long time ago) and it was a blast. It was a 45 ci HD, so not a whole lot of power. These, with the modern mills, must really be a ball. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Snakebite

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I've been riding a trike since 2014.
My son now rides my VTX.
Check out triketalke.com for all things trike.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Beautiful trikes fellas! I have always thought they were pretty cool. I rode one a bit (long time ago) and it was a blast. It was a 45 ci HD, so not a whole lot of power. These, with the modern mills, must really be a ball. Thanks for sharing!
I checked out a lot of conversion kits before settling on the California Sidecar conversion. I especially liked the independent cantilevered suspension. Before putting my wife on it, I put it through it's paces in tight corners and found it did not even nearly get up on the outside tire with inside tire off the ground like many straight axle rear ends tend to do. Didn't want her to feel uncomfortable in any way....it was awesome.https://californiasidecar.com/trike-options

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes, Snake...I have talked with several trike passengers said the single axle type were far too rough

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Yes, Snake...I have talked with several trike passengers said the single axle type were far too rough
They are rough and IMHO not nearly as safe as the independent suspension. We also did the rake and it rode like power steering and very smooth and responsive behind that big ole Goldwing six cylinder......If I ever go trike, I know exactly how it will be set up.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts