Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input (first hand) on this drag bar that uses the stock risers and controls.

Any installation problems?

Quality - chrome quality?

Riding position as compared to stock bars on a "C" with a very low solo seat?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the Cruiser performance 1.5" fatty T-bar 6" rise. I love them, no installation problems, real nice chrome, great feel. Got them on E-Bay.
Going to install wires through bars when I get some time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!... But I am looking for some feedback on the ones that use the stock risers. The T-bars replace the risers... right?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I installed mine about a month ago, and let me tell you they are HOT! They are a breeze to install, and the chrome is top notch. They look beefy and fat. Super comfortable. Your X will look like a top fuel dragster. I get tons of compliments.
I would advise you to put a blanket over your tank before install, and take your time. Also, your either going to have to drill a hole in the bar to accomadate the nipples on the controls, or just grind the nipple off. I grinded the nipple off because it's easier, and I can move the controls up or down should I need to. If you drill, you better make sure you know where your controls are going to go. I used a Dremel, and it only took about 2 minutes a side. Believe me, they won't slip.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Forgot one thing. I used after market riser's on mine because I have short arms. I'm pretty sure your stock riser's will work fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Drag bars

I put mine on in about 1/2 hour, the only thing that I replaced were the grips. Look great, however before you glue the grips on make sure they are lined up, make sure that your throtle cables aren't binding, you'll see, just take your time. You will have to do some slight grinding on you switch boxes.I have ordered new mirrors, the stock mirrors just don't cit it with these bar. THEY LOOK AWSOME

·
Registered
35 Posts
Drag Bars

O, I'm 5-9 and so far I have not had any problems with the reach, I've done a couple of six hour rides and no problems, Remember the photos on the CP web page shows these bars with-out mirrors. I have new mirrors on the way and I'll post a pic once they're on. Forget re-using the stock grips, I don't think any-one can remove and re-use them, it better just to get new grips. Also you'll have more than enough break line, cables, and elect cables. Be carefull that the throttle cable dont bind up after intall, just adjust the throttle casing while turning the bars from side to side, then tighten them up and install grips. I report this cause I screwed up and eyeballed the throttle casing, glued on the grips, then had to re-adjust, and now my grips and a little off (not lineed up) but realy no big deal. Make sure you cover the gas tank and be real carefull. I installed the throttle side first (two man job), then tighten them down with the risers. GOOD LUCK and have fun.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a few questions....Is the reach close to the same as stock or is it further? Also is there a height difference from stock? Thanks for the tips.

Paul

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I added risers on my bike, and they are very comfortable. With stock risers, the bar will sit about an inch lower, and 1.5 inches closer to the headlight.
I hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts