Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'VE HAD MINE ON FOR 3 WEEKS AND THROUGH TWO MECHANICS SO FAR AND NOBOBY CAN SEEM TO GET THE JETTING RIGHT. :? [/b]

·
Registered
332 Posts
i like mine ok. the only problem i have is it's real dirty now. too much sand in florida. thinking about going to a whole new system. will probably dyno it first to get an idea of what i have and then again when i decide on a new system.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHAT JET DO YOU RUN AND COOL BENGAL IN YOUR PICTURE I HAVE ONE TOO.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alredy did and it's running lean. the problem is finding a jet to work, i called thunder and they told me to try a macoony 190, from what they said that would be eqivilant to a dyno jet 220 if they made it the biggest they make is a 210.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
I don't know where you are at, as elevation has alot to do with it. Remember that the jet may not be your problem. It could be your needle, or A/F screw. You need to find out if it is running lean through the whole band, or just at a specific point. When you know these things, come back here and I'm sure Jonnycheese might be able to make some suggestions. I know that when I first put my hurricane on, I had a hard time figuring out why I was getting "flat spots". Most of my problem was needle position, and had nothing to do with the main jet. As for dirty filters....clean it,how long does it take for cryin' out loud. LOL .

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
you might not need something that big you have to remember a couple of things.
On the dyno was it load control?
did the put it under a load like riding on the street?
so you could see what the needle and pilot jet are doing?
the reason I say this is I had a 1300 with a Hurricane on it and a 210 main but....................it was lean but not that lean due to where you ride.
this is why I said a load control dyno this way you can see what is happening while you ride the bike and watch the accellerator pump kick in and then see other stuff. bottom line was yes we could have gone bigger but once it warms up about 30 degrees it will be richer and the lean that I was seeing was about 4K at WOT.
post a graph of the A/F :idea:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the Tornado intake and Cobra slip-ons. I'm north of Seattle (sea level). I installed the Steve Cain mixture thumb screw, and rejetted (210 main, 2nd notch on needle, mixture 2 1/2 turns).

It runs great! The only issue is it runs poorly and wants to die when the temperature drops below 50. The more you mod your fuel system, the more sensitive it becomes. I could re-tweak for the cold weather, but when the weather drops in Seattle I'm ready to park it for the winter.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
And to show you how much difference elevation can make, Reborn here in Houston, Texas is running the same intake and 210 jet. However, his needle is on the 5TH groove, and I think his mixture is at 2 1/4 turns.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I LIVE IN JACKSON MISSISSIPPI. IT IS HOT AND HUMID AND NOT A WHOLE LOT OF ELEVATION.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
post the A/F graph.

and just to let you know a MIKUNI 190 is smaller than a DJ210

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
What are your settings? Main jet, needle, a/f screw? That bad boy does suck a lot of air. I think you will be disappointed if you get rid of it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I WILL LOOK TONIGHT WHEN I GET HOME BUT UNFORTIONTLY I DON'T HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA SO I CAN'T POST A PIC OF THE DYNO RESULTS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts