Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of poster from DFW and Houston area only one or two from the Alamo City. Any other out there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Im in Selma, right by Retama race track 8) and Im also formerly from Canada along with my nurse wife

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
There are a few around, but good luck getting them together. Their about as bad as Austin. :wink: Look for RD...he rides quite a bit. He was actually in Houston this past wed for out weekly meet. Also, L-man rides quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It would be great, to have a San Antonio meet and greet. I was over in Houston last week, over 40 bikes showed up! Some of those rode over 50 miles, one way to attend! I'm sure that the DFW area, has some of the same. I've spoken to Duc, he's from Buda, south of Austin. He told me that for some time he's tried to get some X rider's together, but, to no avail. Many people have remarked to me, that it seems strange that we are located within minutes of some of the best rides in the country, but, can never get a group together.

I'll throw the gauntlet out. I'll be at Specht's Store, 122 Specht Rd, in Bulverde, this coming Wed. 4/20, at 7pm. That is the traditional "bike night", for Specht's.
I'll be the one on the 04', 1 up, Titanium Flame.

RD

·
Registered
385 Posts
I use to go there a while back until my new shift, I now work 12 hour shifts from 7pm-7am Mon, Tues,Wed and my wife works Fri,Sat,Sun at night as well, so usually my only ride day is Thursdays. I have two kids to take care of on the weekends while the wife sleeps so weekend rides are out as well.....I guess it just sucks!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
UncleMarl said:
I see a lot of poster from DFW and Houston area only one or two from the Alamo City. Any other out there.
I'm actually from S.A., friends and family are there, but I'm contracting for the forseeable future in Dallas.

pm me if you want to trade info, I'm in San Antonio once or twice a month. I have a buddy who owns an X (i got the idea to get one from him), but he's not on the board. We plan on doing some riding on the weekends.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
RD said:
It would be great, to have a San Antonio meet and greet. I was over in Houston last week, over 40 bikes showed up! Some of those rode over 50 miles, one way to attend! I'm sure that the DFW area, has some of the same. I've spoken to Duc, he's from Buda, south of Austin. He told me that for some time he's tried to get some X rider's together, but, to no avail. Many people have remarked to me, that it seems strange that we are located within minutes of some of the best rides in the country, but, can never get a group together.

I'll throw the gauntlet out. I'll be at Specht's Store, 122 Specht Rd, in Bulverde, this coming Wed. 4/20, at 7pm. That is the traditional "bike night", for Specht's.
I'll be the one on the 04', 1 up, Titanium Flame.

RD
I was there....no one showed. :roll:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I think SA and Austin are a lost cause. Some very nice riding in those two areas and there seems to be nothing but excuses coming out of both. I only notice, because I'm jealous of the riding in both areas, but Houston has more rides than anyone and we're as flat as it gets. Kinda sad. :cry:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
... from San Antonio?

Hey, for 2-4 weeks a year, I'm in New Braunfels, Floresville, and Port O'Connor. All I do is ride when I'm there. Tried/planned to hook up with iCe and Road Pirate and some others, but it hasn't worked out. But, who knows... I'd absolutely love [and so would the about to be wife] to ride with some Texans.
Jim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was there....no one showed
Sorry RD,

My newborn (2 months old), was running a fever from his 2 mos. old shots. Not a happy baby (Wife and son). TexasCruzer and I are working out a plan to meet this Sunday at a restaurant for breakfast and maybe a short ride. PM me if you would like to join us. Open to everyone.

UncleMarl

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VTXLady53 said:
j1mmyj4m said:
but Houston has more rides than anyone and we're as flat as it gets. Kinda sad. :cry:
We have the best bunch of VTX riders too. :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:
So do we, it's just that we haven't organized any rides yet. My Hill Country rides starts at the end of my driveway. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts