Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to find out if anyone is going to make the ride to Colorado for the 2009 Colorado ride.

Has one been on the ride previously?

This snow and weather is drive me crazy and I can't wait to get the bike out again. Augh:shock:

·
Registered
296 Posts
My wife and I along with Heavy Metal Man and his "Very Special" other are going with us. We have our reservations made.

I can not wait to get back on the bike!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are many people on this site that have done the Colo. trip over the years. Not sure where they are now....holidyaing it up most likely. The consensus is that it is a magnificent trip with tremendous hospitality shown by the vtx group in colo. as far as leading tours, setting up reservations etc.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Oh YEAH!! Jen and are are all signed up and are taking Steve and Julie with us! Naturally, I intend to make the Wisconsin contingent the leargest one there so come on!!! Sign up and let's do this! It will be great to take the most awesome of rides and then hang out with the rest of the Wisconsin X'ers at the MMR09 in LaCrosse a few weeks later.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
161 days until kickstands up!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
We plan on it! Been there 4 years in a row but missed last year :cry:. It really is a great time! If things work out, we will be heading out a week before the official start and roam to parts unknown. I think we average somewhere around 4500 miles to get there! Maybe I should look at upgrading my GPS! LOL!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Actually my sweets it was more like 6800 by the time things were all said and done. Hoping it'll be just as many miles this year.

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
Yep, I'm going too. Maybe if bluto is heading up towards Flin Flon I'll tag along with them, if they let me :D

It's a great time, well organized, lot's of different rides to choose from, maps available in the hotel with street by street directions so if you want to go on your own and wander, grap a map and you're off.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Yep, I'm going too. Maybe if bluto is heading up towards Flin Flon I'll tag along with them, if they let me :D
If we have to drop the kids off at my parents place then we just might head through Ontario, Manitoba, Saskathewan and (maybe) Alberta. If I can talk my folks into coming and getting the kids, then we'll probably do either the Pacific Northwest (I really would like to see some giant Redwoods) or the National Parks tour (Zion, Brice, Arches, Grand Canyon and Vega$).

Got a call from Witt the other day and the the boys from Des Moines are looking to hook up for "the long way to Denver" tour as well! Could be a mobile party tour, coming soon to a city near you!:lol:

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
OK, I'm in either way. If you have to go east first, I could meet you guys near Thunder Bay or Sault Ste Marie(always wanted to go around Superior ). When time gets closer, let's talk more!! I am going on another pre-Denver ride June 14th-21st with my old fire department buddies. Heading east to Pa. then down the Smokies from there to the Dragon.
I'm feeling good about this trip now!!!! Let's go now, oh yeah, blizzard warning tonight :roll:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Ok everyone from the Wisconsin area,
I'm hoping to recruit a few more of you guys to join us for what has unanimously been called the best bike gathering in the states. Yes, the Coloradical that begins July 2nd through the 6th. We have several friends from Illinois like Bluto and Spike going, and here it is me and Jenny, along with Hunter and his lovely wife Julie. Now, we WIVO's are well known nationally among VTX'ers and it would be so awesome to bring quite a group down to ride among the spectacular mountains.

C'mon! Aren't you tired of the rather unspectacular scenery we get around here.

Hey look! More cows! Fields! Road Construction! Stop Lights!:roll:

There has a be a few of you out there that would be up for this adventure. Whattaya say?????

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I can't wait to leave!!!

Looks like the trip may involve Yellowstone for me this year also!!!

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
Ok everyone from the Wisconsin area,
I'm hoping to recruit a few more of you guys to join us for what has unanimously been called the best bike gathering in the states. Yes, the Coloradical that begins July 2nd through the 6th. We have several friends from Illinois like Bluto and Spike going, and here it is me and Jenny, along with Hunter and his lovely wife Julie. Now, we WIVO's are well known nationally among VTX'ers and it would be so awesome to bring quite a group down to ride among the spectacular mountains.

C'mon! Aren't you tired of the rather unspectacular scenery we get around here.

Hey look! More cows! Fields! Road Construction! Stop Lights!:roll:

There has a be a few of you out there that would be up for this adventure. Whattaya say?????
Don't forget the dreaded Amish!! Just ask Riley about them and my run in with a few of them a few years back on a Fall Dells ride :doorag:

·
Registered
115 Posts
now you guys got me interested

is there a website for the colorado ride?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
38 Days until departure! Looking at about 4000 miles to get to Denver :yikes:

Heading northwest up to Lloydminster, SK then west to the Rockies (Jasper) then southeast (Banff), back into the US (Glacier National Park) follow the Rockies (Yellowstone) and finally into Denver.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts