Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Had to miss tonight...rode to Miami for a meeting tomorrow. Crossing the Alley and ran smack into one of the biggest storms I've seen in a long time. Lightning hit a couple of hundred feet in front of me.

It was so close, I jumped, hit the brakes, felt the rear end slide out from under me... caught it and then asked myself what the hell I was doing riding when the weather was that bad! On the other hand, I didn't want to be a human lightning rod. Stopping was not an option.

Shoulda gone to Biff's! :lol:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Glad to hear you made it to Miami safely. There aren't a lot of places to stop and hide from rain or lightning out on the alley. It usually isn't too bad riding across in the rain as long as there aren't a lot of big trucks around.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Damn... Missed y'all. Was there about 8 pm stayed for a few then headed up to Quaker. Maybe I'll see you next week.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Delna said:
Damn... Missed y'all. Was there about 8 pm stayed for a few then headed up to Quaker. Maybe I'll see you next week.
did you pull up on the blue retro? We saw you if that was you, but we were incognito riding other species 8)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep... that was me. Next time throw something at me to get my attention :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great, Hope to see you next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts