Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Chicago but I am heading up to little Sturgis on Thursday. Has anyone gone before? Is it a good time. Let me know. I will be there on Friday mourning. If anyone else is going to be up there let me know maybe we can meet up. I will be coming from Chicago On Thursday and then to Campbellsville Kentucky to see some family them I am leaving Campbellsville on Friday to go to Sturgis Friday and Saturday.

Peter De

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
I went a few years ago. It was OK, but I probably won't go again. The $40.00 per person price tag will keep me from going!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Country Girl said:
I went a few years ago. It was OK, but I probably won't go again. The $40.00 per person price tag will keep me from going!!!!
It that per weekend or per day???

peter De

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
Peter D said:
[quote="Country Girl":2qw48ayx]I went a few years ago. It was OK, but I probably won't go again. The $40.00 per person price tag will keep me from going!!!!
It that per weekend or per day???

peter De[/quote:2qw48ayx]$40.00 for the whole weekend.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Heard it was nothing but drinking and nasty looking ladies showing their breasts.

My idea of a rally is fair food, booze at night, decent concerts and VENDORS, especially vendors that will do installs right there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is a pretty good assessment. We stayed in Old Shawneetown where it was only five dollars for the weekend and less emphasis seemed to be put on the flashing of southerly pointing boobs and more on the live music and fun. Don't misunderstand me it was going on there as well but not everywhere you turned.

I was a little dissapointed that there was only 2 actual motorcycle vendors there. One was a custom motorcycle place and the other did lights. Another 10 or so across the street selling T-Shirts, leather, etc.

We did however duplicate the wristbands with a little gold flake ribbon and a black sharpie and went to Little Sturgis as well. That was really out of hand and seemed to be dominated by drunks and naked women. Don't get me wrong I sometimes get drunk and I like naked women too. But after a couple of them that you wished you had not seen you start wondering OK so what now. We did stop to see the Pudding Wrestling but from 100 yards away all it did was make me wish I had a snack pack of vanilla and some wafers. Although there were alot more vendors there which would be nice to have at Old Shawneetown. But certainly not worth 40 bucks.

We had a good time camped right under a big tree in the park with plenty of room to spread out. No mud or dust nor the constant smell of fermenting poo and the little town resturant was directly across the street which was certainly a plus for that morning cup of coffee.

Anyway, my assessment is that Old Shawneetown is a much better deal for me personally. But there were at least 10K bikes at Sturgis so I am likely in the minority.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts