Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got Progressive 412's 12.5 inches regular shocks ?? If so how do you like them compared to stock ??

Thanks
Gator

·
Registered
37 Posts
Progressive 412's

Have them on both mine and my wife's 02, 1800 C models. They look better than stock and seem to ride better. We both like them fine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
412 Progressive shocks

Hey Gator I have had them for about 3 month. Rides like a new bike. I have an o2 C. If you want it to really ride good, put progressive springs in the front forks with 15 weight oil or 12 to 15 multigrade, and your X will ride better than new.. Hope this helps.

Regards Paperpeddler Ft. Worth, TX

·
Registered
150 Posts
< Gator > said:
Anyone got Progressive 412's 12.5 inches regular shocks ?? If so how do you like them compared to stock ?? Thanks. Gator
Got the heavy duty Progressive 412s at 1/2" shorter than stock and like them very much. I also had the front Progressive springs installed at the same time, so can't really tell which is affecting exactly what.
The handling is much more precise and predictable, the front end doesn't bottom out, 500 lbs of riders and luggage doesn't phase the bike handling any more.
What completely PISSES me off is WHY THE HELL HONDA DIDN'T PUT THEIRE EQUIVALENT ON THE VTX FROM THE START?!?!?!?!?!?!?
HONDA, ABOUT SOME THINGS YOU ARE SSOOOOOO STUPID. WHY PUT A DECENT ENGINE AND BRAKES ON A BIKE WITH OK-TO-POOR SUSPENSION???
Sorry guys and gals, just had to let that one out. Upgrading the suspension realy helped the whole bike out tremendously, but also pointed out how cheap Honda was in the first place.
Rich S.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yeah!! and don't forget about the crappie stock seat!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts