Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my US SADDLEBAG CO bags and the brackets don't fit because the bracket that the backrest mounts to partialy covers the rear hole. These are the brackets I have on my 05 1300 C:
http://powersports.honda.com/the_goods/ ... ode=MC0898
The bag brackets are supposed to mount to the front bolt hole and to the rear but the rear is slightly covered. They (at US) told me to use a dremil to grind the hole bigger so the backrest mounting bracket doesn't interfere with the bolt fot the bag bracket but I would rather not do that

So hear is my question: does anyone here have these same backrest brackets and saddlebags that mount without moding? I hate the Honda bags (had em already) but can't find any reliable info on mounting aftermarket bags. Also no throw overs! I want hard mouning bags!

Thanks in advance,
Scott

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
Sorry, that's the same thing I ran into with all the other saddle bag supports...the sissy bracket(same as yours) covers the last hole on the C model but not the R/S. Got a guy here at work with the Deluxed on his 1300 r and the back hole isn't covered.

The spacing from bolt center to center is the same, so the R sissy bar brackets would work on the C or do like I did. I got the Easy brackets the mount inside the slots of the sissy bar bracket.

About all I can say about it...you could make the hole larger but then rust becomes an issue.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks on question though, if I got the R brackets, would the holes for the sisy bar be the same?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
The front holes are, we measured them. But the rear hole isn't covered up like the C brackets. The sissy bar bracket has a indent for the rear bolt hole on the bike.

Kinda odd that the bolt spacing is the same but the brackets are different.

I would test fit an R bracket if you could before buying it. Just in case, but we measured from both mounting bolts on both bikes...the distance was the same.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Ill see what I can figure out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts