Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have them. running V&H bigshots. No clearance issues. I even have a corbin radiator shroud. I go the extensions and that helped but still do not have them in the right place. They seem fine but will "spin" on the frame if pushed too hard.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have them. For 4 years now. I have stock pipes. I alsobought the extensions to go with to give me more room away from the tank. They have worked great. Never have had to tighten them. Even after setting the bike down(damn kick stand)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Epp_Dog said:
I have them. running V&H bigshots. No clearance issues. I even have a corbin radiator shroud. I go the extensions and that helped but still do not have them in the right place. They seem fine but will "spin" on the frame if pushed too hard.
I didn't think about them spinnning; I guess I thought they would make them secure. How ared Hmmmm.... guido69 yours haven't spun right?

·
Registered
272 Posts
There is a small piece of "sandpaper" between the frame and the inside curve of the mount. Using a regular 1/4" hex wrench was not sufficient to tighten my pair. I finally cut the short arm off a long 1/4" hex wrench and put it in a 1/4" socket so I could get good leverage. They seem fine for me but I would not use them to push myself higher in the saddle.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I've had them since the beginning on my 1800C. They work very well. Unobtrusive but functional. No problems with them 'spinning' on me, and I've pushed on them quite hard a few times while rearranging myself. And mine were a slightly used pair that I bought, so they've been mounted on two bikes now and are still solid.

I have pics if you want to see more views.

Rob

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I doubt you will have clearance issues. I have them on an '04 1800C with stock pipes and they will clear the exhaust just fine. I assume that any aftermarket pipe is smaller than stock. Ihave never heard of or experienced the spinning issue. I followed the instructions and tightened it all up. My only issue is that the pegs are abit to high and to close for my taste. I plan to try finding an offset extention so that I can bring them down and out a bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome Rob, that is good news! Thanks for the response!

Orange Crush/GJC

Let me know what you find for extensions, I feel like I might have the same issues based on the pictures I've seen.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Here's a good close-up showing how they attach to the frame. As you can see, you have some flexibility in where they mount, so I don't think you'd have problems with your pipes unless they are considerably different than stock or Big Shots where they come off the front cyl.

Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
X8urHD said:
Here's a good close-up showing how they attach to the frame. As you can see, you have some flexibility in where they mount, so I don't think you'd have problems with your pipes unless they are considerably different than stock or Big Shots where they come off the front cyl.

Rob
Thanks Rob, awesome picture!! Those'll be my next purchase! Do you know if any pegs will fit or if a certain peg manufacturer is recommended?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I bought mine used, so I'm not positive, but I think the base highway bar set comes with a peg adapter that should take any normal peg that would attach to the VTX. The ones you see in my picture include a peg extension that is not part of the base package. No idea where that part came from.

Rob

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hey Radduke, I ordered a set during the 4th of July sale and they should be here by the 24th (on backorder). I'll let you install mine for me as practice for yours :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
crux88 said:
Hey Radduke, I ordered a set during the 4th of July sale and they should be here by the 24th (on backorder). I'll let you install mine for me as practice for yours :lol:
Sure crux88 bring it on over! You should see all the scratches I got on my bike now from installing my sissy bar! I'll know the second time I install one how to do it without gouging up my bike. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts