Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Doing some work on the carb the other day and found it had a 190 jet and one of the ducts in the airbox was blocked with foam. This looks like it came like it from the factory. Its a 1300S 2003, so may be standard for early models. I can not find any info to see if this is a standard set up or not.

The bike runs great and has done for the 2 years I have had it. this just seems weird

Shari

·
Registered
289 Posts
Possibly a an overseas sales set up???
Maybe there is a power limit for import??

Not the norm here in the U.S.

Interesting :? :? :? :? :?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is strange as there in no power limit, or any such restrictions in the UK. Phoned up Honda and of course they have no idea what I am talking about!

The plot thickens!

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you are not the original owner, maybe it was somebody's idea of a "milage enhancing" mod. Essentially you are not getting enough fuel OR air.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Mine came with a smaller than normal main jet. I am the original owner, bike had one mile on her when I left the stealers. She is an 03 S, I have seen one other with the same thing an 04, a friend of mine has had a smaller than normal main jet. I think it is not so much a size difference as it is a manufacturer difference. Different manufacturers have different sizing charts. IE a 190 from one manufacturer is the same size as a 195 from a different manufacturer. just my $.02

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies

I think it was set up like this at the factory and she runs right on the money. You may be right about the different manufacturers and sizes of jet. I am not going to fiddle with it as she is running fine, just thought there may be an official explanation.

Cheers for the replies and ride safe

Shari

1 - 6 of 6 Posts