Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my CT, I've got my MT off the bike, I've got my enthusiasm. What I don't have is someone who will install my CT for me. Anyone out there in the Cincinnati area who has done this and knows where I can cross over? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I never had any problem, I went into S&S, Sears, and, and a couple of others looking at tires, and most of them were intrigued, especially if you see a bike outside. I did end up taking it to a local guy just because he has been good about helping me out when in a hurry. I live in a small town and work 50 mi. away, so I pass some larger stores, but I was leaving on a trip rim still on the bike, and did not want to wait. I picked up a GYTT. and he put it on. At about 8000 miles it just keeps handling better, and have never looked back! I LOVE IT!! YMMV! The only downfall is it tracks a little harder with uneven pavement, but you learn to not worry about it just correct for it.
Kevin

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gave up trying to find someone to do it for me so did it myself. Was a bear to get the CT to seed, ran the psi up to 120 and still one small patch would not seed so drove it around till it did. 205/65/15 Bridgestone. I like it so far. Might try to make it a WWW to match the front ( I think theres a kit out there somewhere). Thanks for the suggestions! -Chuck

·
Registered
161 Posts
Chuck Jones said:
Gave up trying to find someone to do it for me so did it myself. Was a bear to get the CT to seed, ran the psi up to 120 and still one small patch would not seed so drove it around till it did. 205/65/15 Bridgestone. I like it so far. Might try to make it a WWW to match the front ( I think theres a kit out there somewhere). Thanks for the suggestions! -Chuck
Might try to make it a WWW to match the front ( I think theres a kit out there somewhere).?????????????

Not following you on this one, what do you mean?

You will find that the dark side tire gives you so much more bite in all situations, and last so much longer, that it far out weighs the only down fall I have seen, which is pulling / tracking on uneven pavement at low speeds (less than 10 - 15 mph). You will want to play with the air pressure a little, I found 37 - 38 was best with the GYTT, but you want to run slightly more air in it than you probably would the same tire on a car.

Do you ever ride to Rabbit Hash? May see you there some time.
Kevin

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya Kevin, I've heard this guy in Europe has developed a kit you can use to make black walls into white walls (has some kind of rubber in the paint to make it adhere to the tire better). The CT I'm using says to use 40 psi, right now I'm running 45 and it feels good. My first ride after driving around the block was to Rabit Hash. I was getting very nervice on the way down about my decision to put on a CT, seemed very tight in the twisties however by the time I got home, it was already starting to feel more natural. Now I'm starting to get more confidence in the tire and have relaxed quite a bit in the turns. I also like to start off a ride swerving back and forth to check the feel of the tires. When the tire was brand new, this was a chore, now it seems much smoother. I don't think I'm getting used to it, I think the tire is starting to break in a bit. Anyway, I'm pretty psych'ed about it (and the fact I'm back on the bike). I've been meaning to get involved with some rides with the "Freeriders" (freeriders.com if your interested), there are a couple of VTXers in the group that ride. Seem to be a good group of guys. Anyway, hope to see ya around you've done a great job on your bike it looks awesome. -Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts