Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
PM Acrotech and see if he has mine and he'll send it to ya if he's done with it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd love to borrow the tool if you're willing to lend it!

thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I took mine in and had them done, I know it's cheaper to do them your self. But it only cost me $60 at a local shop and to me it was worth it, rather then trying to find the fork removal tool.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
SixFTMoose said:
But it only cost me $60...
What shop!? I've got a quote as low as $96 which has me thinking I may as well just try to get in line for one of the floating tools and do it myself. I may anyway. Doesn't sound as difficult as chaning the springs on the FZ.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a guy at work with the fork spring tool.
It took me nearly 30 minutes to change the springs once I had the tool.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
bdunshee said:
SixFTMoose said:
But it only cost me $60...
What shop!? I've got a quote as low as $96 which has me thinking I may as well just try to get in line for one of the floating tools and do it myself. I may anyway. Doesn't sound as difficult as chaning the springs on the FZ.
It is in Ghorst By Bremerton and the name of the shop is Taber's
Phone# (360) 405-1664

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Chromer said:
Thanks for the info Tim! I'll keep that in mind when I decide to change mine.
The guy does good work and with tax it came to $73.61, I removed the forks from the bike and took them into him. A little cheaper that way, if you need any help just let me know! I'm becoming an expert on tear down of the X, as many times as I have had it apart and put it back together. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts