Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just bought one. He had a Harley and I always got the best of him whenever he would try to jump me. Now he claims the next time we ride he is going to spank me with his new Victory. Anyone had any experiences with these bikes??

·
Registered
476 Posts
I just test rode one 30 minutes ago. I tried out the new Hammer. That fat 250 looks bad a$$. It had some balls. It would give my 1800 a run for it's money! It handled very well. I walked away impressed. But, won't give up the X!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure yet which one he got yet, but I will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
649 Posts
test drive

I rode an 8-ball (black vegas)about a month after getting my X. The Hammer has more gettyup. They handle different not bad but different. I don't know why. There is a great article on the newstands in one of the big cycle magazines this month on the Hammer. I like the idea of the 6-speed.

G

·
0 Posts
Jimmyjay said:
A buddy of mine just bought one. He had a Harley and I always got the best of him whenever he would try to jump me. Now he claims the next time we ride he is going to spank me with his new Victory. Anyone had any experiences with these bikes??
I got a 04 Kingpin.. there's a lot of variables.. If'n he has the92ci & had the stage 1 (slip on, K&N filter, 'puter mapping).. it might be a fairly good run... the X would probably still take it. now if you're a big boy & his a smaller guy... then it might even things up a bit :D ...

If he's got the Hammer... then I don't know. I'd sat the 100ci w/ Stage 1 could be a mighty tight race.. JMO

·
Registered
561 Posts
victory

I rented a kingpin for 4 days in Las Vegas I drove it about 450 miles. I thought the kingpin was comparable to the x until about 70 then the power drops and the vibration begins. I can drive my x at 90 to 115 with no real drop off in acceleration and no real vibration. I thought the kingpin looked real cool. The engine surged alot at low speeds making it difficult to handle in parking lots, but maybe that was just that particular bike. It sure got good gas milage. If a guy wants to go fast get a sportbike. even a 650 v strom will beat a v-rod or vtx 0 to 60. so don't worry about which bike is faster remember with a cruiser it how you get there, not so much how fast.

G

·
0 Posts
I had a Victory Vegas and absolutely loved it, much more than my VTX. But its a cruiser, I wasnt concerned with going fast on it. I got a sportbike for when i feel the need for speed.

Park a Vegas next to a VTX and see which one gets the most attention. The Vegas just has sexy lines to it, I think its the best looked mass-produced cruiser on the market in stock form.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mr Pheer said:
I had a Victory Vegas and absolutely loved it, much more than my VTX.

Just wondering why you got rid of it and got a VTX. I agree with it's beauty.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I rode a Vegas last year about 2 hours before I picked up the X. It had the Stage 2 performance kit on it. Fun to ride. Handled well. Decent power. I just couldn't constitute the price. And they were some things in the way it was designed that really made it look cheap. I'd like to take a ride on a Hammer just for s&g's.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I got all the "sexy" line I need on my N and I dont care what you wrap that motor it is sooooo ugly JMO

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry but, I think the Victory bikes are hideous and silly looking. No thanks.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm surprised the Victory got off the ground.... original engineering on the engine was done by diesel engineers who had no clue to looks, etc... tis why the original engines were.... slugs... couldn't keep them cool .... I have to admit I like the bike... even live with the price tag but that engine... it has no personality... looks like someone put Binks compressor cylinders in a frame....

I've had the opportunity to prod one Victory... I'll keep my C....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Bills VTX said:
I'm surprised the Victory got off the ground.... original engineering on the engine was done by diesel engineers who had no clue to looks, etc... tis why the original engines were.... slugs... couldn't keep them cool .... I have to admit I like the bike... even live with the price tag but that engine... it has no personality... looks like someone put Binks compressor cylinders in a frame....

I've had the opportunity to prod one Victory... I'll keep my C....
You are right on about the engine, cylinders to be exact... They just don't look quite right, to me. Too plain, too tall, just no character.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I just got back from a ride with my buddy and his '00 Victory V92SC. I blew his doors off -- twice. When we got back to his house, he asked me what I had done to my X. I told him nothing. He said, "No TPI, no fuel manager?" I said, "Nope." "Holy s**t," he replied.

:D 8) :D 8)

It's a nice looking bike, but of course, I like my X better. The funny thing is, his Harley-riding neighbor won't ride with him. I guess it's not just the Metrics that get bashed for being wannabes -- "the other American-made motorcycle" gets it too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts